First case of CWD jumping to humans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First case of CWD jumping to humans?

Sure sounds like it, I await Flounders response https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...=17#fullscreen

And the study is based on an unnamed 72-year-old man who had a “history of consuming meat from a CWD-infected deer population.​“

DON’T DO THIS ^^^^^^^^

I’m not concerned about getting it.

Comment

Play stupid games win stupid prizes but by all means run for the hills .

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        And the study is based on an unnamed 72-year-old man who had a “history of consuming meat from a CWD-infected deer population.​“

DON’T DO THIS ^^^^^^^^

I’m not concerned about getting it.
        Wouldn’t Texas deer heard be considered a “CWD-infected deer population”?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post

Uh... yes https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild...stations.phtml

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
            Sure sounds like it, I await Flounders response https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...=17#fullscreen
            Not sure how you come up with "it sure sounds like it" from that article.

Comment

You telling me there’s only one herd of deer in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Not sure how you come up with "it sure sounds like it" from that article.
                Me either

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                  You didn't actually read the entire article, did you?

Comment

I do not believe it. Calling BS.

The wokeness is creeping in.

Comment

I remember years ago that CJD disease also showed its ugly side in a group of people whose only common denominator was they occasionally ate squirrel brains. One of the victims was a friend from church BIL.

Comment

That’s it, we’re all gonna die.

Everyone should immediately run out and buy all the toilet paper they can find. It’s the only solution.

Comment

The paper the article is based on doesn't draw any conclusions, it just says more study is needed. I think the media has sensationalized this a little bit. The possibility is scary obviously, people do get CJD from madcow infected meat but as far as we know now this one hasn't jumped.

Not at all, we have mixed positives here and there. Some.of the other states, like the one the dude from the paper was based on, have extremely high positive rates in localized clusters to the point it's effected the age class of the deer and pretty much all bucks being killed aren't more than 3 years old in some areas. Those hotspots I think I read something like a 40-50 percent positive test rate among bucks.

Comment

Media picked up on this and ran with it. This deal doesn't mean anything yet. Hopefully they don't find any correlation in the end. Unfortunately, trial by public opinion has already begun.

Comment

Media coverage suggesting that two hunters died after eating CWD-infected venison caused alarm on Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                              X