No announcement yet.

*Dallas Stars* Post Season '24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know that something is up for Pavs, it’s just more of a slump he’s playing through. He’s slow to begin with, but when you’re playing a team like CO it makes him look even slower. Him and Hintz last two games have been better than their entire performance in the first round. Seguin finally got one and hopefully will just be the beginning.

Did a really good job of controlling that top line for CO by making them play in their own zone for the first two periods. They keep that top line of Mackinnon, makar, and rantenen playing defense, they control the game completely. Coming out in the third and choking down in the middle like they did for Vegas is not going to work against a high scoring team.

overall, great game for Dallas and a lot of positives to take away from it.
    Last edited by diamond10x; 05-09-2024, 10:46 PM.

Comment

What worries me most about Pavs, is that he’s not getting to that area in front of the net where he is most dangerous. They may be doing something to keep him out of there, but that should open up more room for the others. I’m honestly not smart enough to know WHY that is happening, but I’ve been watching Joe Pavelski play hockey long enough to know that they won’t keep him quiet the whole time, unless he’s hurt, or he’s doing something to make room for others. He’s one of those rare old vets that knows what he needs to do to maximize chances though.

Comment

The Stars tried to let that one slip away again. Irritating putting up so many points just to let them dig out of the hole. Glad Seguin finally got one, hopefully he can start putting more in the back of the net. Also MAVS won too lol, great night for Texas Sports and they won't be playing at the same time on Saturday, Hallelujah!

Comment

I think he’ll settle in pretty quick, like you said Dale, he’s a bet that knows how to execute. He had a point in game 1, and a hard fought one at that. Last night he had two shots recorded but I’m pretty sure it was more than that. A definite improvement than where he was a week ago. Him squandering that breakaway was disappointing but at his age, his type of game, he needs another winger there to help or it would have looked like the last shootout shot he took in the regular season😂.

The big story is Hintz picking up 4 points. He and the rest of the team needed him to have that kind of night. Hopefully that’ll get him on a hot streak like last year, opening up the lane for Pavs to do work.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
            The Stars tried to let that one slip away again. Irritating putting up so many points just to let them dig out of the hole. Glad Seguin finally got one, hopefully he can start putting more in the back of the net. Also MAVS won too lol, great night for Texas Sports and they won't be playing at the same time on Saturday, Hallelujah!
            Not Texas sports if you're a Spurs fan. Lol. I am pulling for the Mavs but not watching.

I only saw Pavs in his spot a couple of times. Nice win though. Those late goals are wearing me put.

Comment

Listening to denver fans and commentators whine about Benn hitting Toews last night is pretty comical.

Comment

Great game tonight from beginning to end. It felt like a full 60 min of instead of 40 min of play like the first two games. 2-1 Dallas going into game 4. Will be curious to see how CO reacts to this one but I’d imagine they come out firing pretty hard on Monday.

Comment

Nice win.

Comment

Stars best take plenty of oxygen or get quickly acclimated to the thin air.

Comment

It looked like they were handling the altitude ok…

Comment

Yeah, they seemed alright.

Comment

Gameday.

Let's get that 3-1 lead.

Mavs tip at the same time. Poor Dale.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Gameday.

Let's get that 3-1 lead..
                            Beat that they/them azz!

Comment

I hope they win tonight. We're taking the kids to their first playoff game on Wednesday night and would be great to see them clinch the series.

Comment

No. They/them need to lose. Go Stars.

Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X