No announcement yet.

Lake Belton Smallies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've caught them off the bluffs opposite of FM2305 and on the banks south of Tweedle Mountain. However most tourneys I fished were usually won with LMB. The 36 bridge is supposed to be good for smallies on spoons...

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
      Best smallmouth lake in the state, has been for some time
      Texoma's pretty good too. Never fished Belton but if it's better than Texoma it's pretty dang good.
      Grapevines been coming on pretty strong too from what I hear. I caught this one there last week.

Last edited by rolylane6; 04-28-2024, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Not sure why the photo didn't post. Let's try again

Comment

Out of curiosity I went looking for the lake with the most top 50 entries for record smallmouth in the state. Hard to believe there's on been 2 entries in the 2000's. One by Texoma in 2011 and one by Ray Robert's in 2006. The rest were all in the 1980's and 1990's. Whitney leads the entries by a huge margin but almost all were almost two decades ago. I image golden algae took its toll on them there and they just never recovered. I'd love to see TPWD make a big push to try and re-establish that fishery. Maybe the reoccurring algae makes it not worth it to try or maybe they have and it just isn't working. I'd love to see 6+ lb smallies a common thing in Texas.

Comment

Working...
          X