Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Norton Sand Shad Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norton Sand Shad Jr

Anyone fish with Norton sand shad jr? If so, what colors? Does it have good action? I was looking at that voo doo I I color.

Not in a long time.

Actually used to glue a sand eel and bass assassin tail and made the same thing before these came out.

Light colors for clean water, dark colors for dark water.
    Action will catch fish. Don’t think it will catch them any better than what you’re already throwing.

Comment

They're like the rest, put em in front of a feeding fish and they're hit it. Spring time is a good time to use them to match the hatch as they say. Sand eels are a spring time thing. I would rather throw a Down South lure. the Norton's will spin if not rigged perfectly straight, the little paddle on the Down South prevents that unless it's really kinked up on the jig. The Norton's are pretty durable too.

Comment

Antique bait - way better options these days

Comment

Used to love them. Not even sure they still make them? Avocado was my favorite color. Was Awesome February through April.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
            Antique bait - way better options these days
            No such thing. If they caught fish before they still work. I catch plenty of fish with old school Kelly wigglers.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

No such thing. If they caught fish before they still work. I catch plenty of fish with old school Kelly wigglers.
              Correct. Bass assassins and bull minnows still catch plenty of fish. Heck, so do touts and bingo’s.

As it has been for a century, most baits are made to catch fishermen, not fish.

Comment

I really like them. They are strong and don't tear up too easily, but still have good action. I like Tequila Glow, LSU, Baffin Magic, Glow, and Chartreuese. Basically, whichever color is best for the different water/conditions you are fishing. I like using a screw lock jighead and 25-30lb fluoro leader.

Comment

I fished with the sand eel jr for a long time. I always like the color margarita or black magic.

Comment

LSU in off colored dirty water over shell can be a killer combo. Tequila would be my second favorite. Solid worm to use still.

Comment

They are a good bait and I used them a bunch for a few years. The main reason i stopped buying them is so many of the tails would fall off or come off after a fish or two. Some bags had tails fallen off in the bag when new. They have a decent action and are easy to fish and fairly tough if you get some that the tails stay on. Color choice is more important to you than to the fish. Buy what you have confidence in.

Comment

I used them while fishing in Port Mansfield. The go to color was plum with a chartreuse tail. I bet they still work very well down there.

Comment

Saltwater artificial are something I will hopefully need to learn if we can get sold out of our taxes here in North Texas and get to Florida.......I've fished quite a bit of saltwater but with bait or Gulps.

Comment

Working...
                          X