Funny eclipse story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny eclipse story.

So on the day of the eclipse I started out my day listening to a lot of chatter about the apocalypse and other religious type things. I mostly just listened because I didn't care one way or another if it was our last day on Earth or not.

I work with a guy that is a big time conspiracy theory dude. I think he likes to go home, get stoned and watch sci-fi stuff. That's just kind of his thing. Knowing this I like to mess with him. Sometimes he knows I am, sometimes not.

The day of the eclipse I was outside when it was happening so things didn't look particularly bright and sunny, as you know. I go back inside and he's working on something so I just mentioned it looked super weird outside. He said "Does it?" I said "Yeah man, it's almost spooky." He kind of perked up and said "What do you mean?" I said "It just feels erie out there kinda. I saw some homeless dude out there walking around. Never seen him around here. He was wearing a white robe deal and sandles. Long haired fella." I saw him stop what he was doing and stare off into nothingness. I could tell he was thinking about it. Then his eyes got a little wide and his mouth dropped a little. As soon as he looked at me I started laughing. He was like "I can't believe I believed you for a second. You were dead serious." I couldn't hold it together. That look on his face was priceless. When it clicked that the Lord was coming the expression on his face was like "Oh crap, this is it."LOL He thought we were done for, for a second or three.
    Last edited by okrattler; 04-11-2024, 06:34 AM.

I said yeah I was dead serious. How else do you think lies work? If I ever decide to start a cult I know who my first member is gonna be.

Comment

Lol!!

Comment

Heck I only see you post here. And I wouldn’t believe you based on what I see here. He must be pretty dumb to know you in person and believe you lmao

Comment

Later that day he's like "That wasn't funny man. That scared me."hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Heck I only see you post here. And I wouldn’t believe you based on what I see here. He must be pretty dumb to know you in person and believe you lmao
            He's a goober. He's fun to mess with really. I've never seen anyone as gullible.

The other day he randomly asked if I believed in Bigfoot. I got a call and had to go do something so I didn't get to answer. I'm trying to think of one actually. He must listen to some weird stuff. He takes a lot of that stuff to heart.
            Last edited by okrattler; 04-11-2024, 07:02 AM.

Comment

He told my boss what I did and I could hear him say "He's always a smartass. Why are you believing him?" LOL

Comment

Imagine how amazing it would be to see the son of God.

Comment

Yesterday I was reading a news story about a chick that shot a few people during the eclipse because God told her to. I told the guy I scared "Sorry about your sister. How long do you think she'll get behind bars?" He's like "Huh? I don't have a sister." I said "Oh okay." He came over to see what I was looking at and read the headlines. He just shook his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                    By the look on his face, he wasn't ready.

Comment

Then what an opportunity to share the gospel

Comment

Then what an opportunity to share the gospel
                        That would require reading the Bible and knowing the word of God. That's a long book. Hard pass.

Comment

It just requires acknowledging Jesus as your Lord and savior. Love the Lord your God with your whole heart, soul and mind then love your neighbor as yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post

That would require reading the Bible and knowing the word of God. That's a long book. Hard pass.
                            People are often amazed at what they find when they step out of their comfort zone. I highly encourage you to read the first “book” of the Bible, Mathew. Then, see if it grabs your attention to want to continue reading.

Comment

“I Can Only Imagine “!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X