No announcement yet.

How long until Weathermen are replaced by AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyone under the age of 40 who still watches the local news/meteorologist? Both are on life support and will just get phased out with simple
    news and weather apps. My wife has to watch our local news several times a week because it has to do with her job....I can barely stomach just walking by it. Its pure garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

First thing is, don't watch the local weather. Second thing, we apparently won't ever agree on this so I'll bow out. Carry on!
      You can explain what a real person weatherman brings to the table.

A long time ago (at least I thought this) they would look at all models Plus experience and then make a prediction. These young ones these days don't seem to know much except what the model shows them.

Sorry I didn't start this thread months ago Txhunter3000

Comment

its already happening. The euro and gfs ensembles are already running AI versions and we've found them to be more accurate than then legacy models. But I wouldn't get your hopes up that theyre a source for a potential weather crystal ball. These models are all about where they "initialize" in producing accurate deferred weather fcasts. and a small change in initialization on day 15 can produce major differences in the fcast for day 20-25. So expect improved accuracy going forward for the 1-15 day fcast and slightly better long lead fcasting. But if your hope is for a weather "answer" past day 15, you may be a little disappointed.

Comment

As long as they look like this........ hopefully NEVER!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

You can explain what a real person weatherman brings to the table.

A long time ago (at least I thought this) they would look at all models Plus experience and then make a prediction. These young ones these days don't seem to know much except what the model shows them.

Sorry I didn't start this thread months ago Txhunter3000
            correct. It's just weather reporting now.

Comment

Can’t be any worse

Comment

Worse than the weather reports are the traffic reports. If your driving on the road your not watching the traffic report. F j b

Comment

We used to have an excellent weather guy on local radio. He would look at three computer models and either agree or not. He was **** good, but he retired. I sure do miss him. When you work in the dirt weather forecasts are very important. I agree that the weather guys on tv now are not that great, but it’s what we have. Weather apps pretty well suck too.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Worse than the weather reports are the traffic reports. If your driving on the road your not watching the traffic report. F j b
                    That's a pet peave of me too. Weathermen on TV telling the people on the road to watch out for the weather.

Comment

Working...
                    X