Where can I find some Tadpoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find some Tadpoles

I’m looking for some Tadpoles to put in a small pond, more like a garden pond. I’ve called 3 different fish farms. They only get them by accident. I live South of Houston. I wouldn’t mind driving 60 miles or so if someone had a pond with some and be willing to donate or small fee..

You see. When 2 Frogs fall in love. They eventually begin exploring each other in detail. This leads to fornication. With the lack of prophylactic available in the frog community. There will be tadpoles.

You just need 2 frogs who love each other. Old tail of the lilypad and the toads.

Comment

Shouldn’t be hard to find some female bull frogs full of eggs this time of year.

Comment

e bay has them......https://www.ebay.com/itm/32512915117...3Avlp_homepage

Comment

I usually just get my fine mesh fishing net and start scooping in the local retention ponds. We use them to feed the fish in our aquarium. I haven't seen any tadpoles just yet though. Don't think I have ever seen them for sell anywhere.

Comment

Seen millions in OK this wknd. Grandkids were playing with them in a creek.

Comment

I'd look at the corners of creeks where the water is running. Can probably just use a dip net to grab them.

Comment

Been looking around local ponds and ditches. Normally can see them come up for some air. Maybe with this rain coming it will liven things up a bit. Got to be a little careful where you close to water. Too many gators around

Comment

My son sent me this pic of his PB yesterday, so they're around

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_Snapchat-845215849_1712536247994.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	26764078

Comment

one of our ponds few years ago it looked like it was raining so I went and got cast net and tossed in and came out full of big tadpoles but never were a bunch of bullfrogs after, I guess herons and egrets got them all. I read where the bass don't like tadpoles but I'm sure they ate the smaller frogs.....I had a big bull frog scare me couple days ago at house pond, been hearing it and I leave cover around edges but they never seem to grow in numbers just come and go.....

Comment

Just find a puddle of water on a country road. Should be full of them.

Comment

This fish farm in Giddings shows to have Arkansas bullfrog tadpoles for sale. May be within your driving distance.

Comment

bait shop should have them

Comment

I can't fathom buying tadpoles.......

Comment

You need two frogs, one should be a horny toad. Not sure when they start their rut. Fjb

Comment

Working...
                              X