No announcement yet.

Eclipse viewing conditions in your area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a few weeks we've been telling TBHers it would be awesome. I never seen a good one but have been reading lots about it.

The clouds parted for us at the very last second. You could see the darkness coming which was very neat. And then the light coming.
    Also the very bright spot at the bottom was supposedly a huge solar flare big enough to show. The moon covered the sun but not the flare. I had a guy here with lots of gear that should be sending me pictures.

Comment

Friend took this in Goldthwaite.

Attached Files

Comment

We got a great view of in in Burleson

Comment

Another friend from Burnet sent me this.

Attached Files

Comment

Scattered clouds in Allen today but broke up more around totality. When it got close, its like
            they opened enough to see the total episode .. coolest thing I've ever saw, it almost looked fake
            in the sky. The clouds actually helped during the partials, cut a lot of the glare.
            It all worked out well.

Now for tornados tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
              That was actually cooler than I thought it would be.

pic 1-Bertram, Tx.
              pic 2-not mine, Willow City Loop
              That's not total darkness that I would have expected. It's darker now in Caldwell Tx than it was at totality. Granted we are 70 Miles from the true centerline but still.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3416.png
Views:	222
Size:	745.4 KB
ID:	26763414 Taken by a friend of mine in SW Bell county.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                  cloudy outside of beaumont. got a glimpse earlier, but not possible to see anything currently.
                  Almost complete overcast but about every 15 minutes or so the sun would peak out for 15-30 seconds.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    For a few weeks we've been telling TBHers it would be awesome. I never seen a good one but have been reading lots about it.

The clouds parted for us at the very last second. You could see the darkness coming which was very neat. And then the light coming.
                    Also the very bright spot at the bottom was supposedly a huge solar flare big enough to show. The moon covered the sun but not the flare. I had a guy here with lots of gear that should be sending me pictures.
                    I’ve been excitedly anticipating it for 7 years. Unless you’ve seen it with your own eyes, it doesn’t make any sense. It’s like the feeling of a storm about to hit, beautiful twilight on the horizon and this big black hole in the sky surrounded by diamonds shining out in space. I didn’t want to waste a lot of time trying to get pictures as it doesn't last very long. By the time your brain begins to process it it’s over. I was glad we got to see it and sad when it was over and every emotion in between.

Comment

I feel ya Courtney. It was epic. All of our solar lights came on. The chickens went in and the door closed...then it opened and they came back out. Lol.

Comment

I was disappointed...one would think blocking 90% of a light source would have somewhat of an impact. Nope.

Comment

We were in Comfort and there was heavy cloud cover. It would get light every so often, never fully, but we were able to get some good views through the clouds at times.

It was still an awesome event and had us in amazement. It went completely dark for the 4 minutes, with auto lights coming on all over the area and temperature drop.

Was also a great weekend of breweries, food and friends.

J

Comment

I've got clear skys for viewing here today!

Comment

This is about the best we got up here in south central Pennsylvania, around 93-95%. Partly cloudy, but the clouds actually made it easier to observe without the specialized lenses.

Last edited by kry226; 04-09-2024, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Llano was really cool. The clouds parted prior to tbe eclipse and stayed that way till it was over. I was extremely surprised at just how dark it became. It was peaceful and exciting at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X