HO and Auto Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
    I cut my auto insurance rates by half. Cut the uninsured underinsured motorist if you carry full coverage. Cut the personal injury because I have health insurance, I raised the deductible to 1k. Big savings the insurance co won't tell you about.
    I don’t think you know exactly how uninsured/underinsured motorist works. You might want to talk to your agent​​​​​​.

Comment

Bold strategy. Let’s see if it pays off!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

Big savings for them too because when Mr better lifer totals your 100k pickup they ain’t paying out
        I dont drive a 100k truck nor pay that for one

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post

I don’t think you know exactly how uninsured/underinsured motorist works. You might want to talk to your agent​​​​​​.
          Yes, I did. It's just another way for them to get more money from you. Yeah there's risk in everything in life. I'm not going to just throw my money at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post

Man you folks who are self insuring need to go to Vegas. You are rolling the dice and if it comes up bad you are screwed. Raise deductibles etc. but donot go bare unless you have a pile of $$$
            Well for 1, every vehicle on the road is required by law to have insurance. If they dont, I carry the needed insurance to fix my vehicles. So why just give insurance companies a big cake to eat. I'm not driving 100k vehicles and dont live in metro areas. Lol....life is risks

Comment

My research indicates that one of the primary drivers in the auto insurance increases is the under insured/ no insurance motorist. Thank you Joe Biden!
              Last edited by kmitchl; 04-07-2024, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                What my research indicates is one if the primary drivers in the auto insurance increases is under insured/ no insurance motorist. Thank you Joe Biden!
                Can you translate that to English please??????

Bisch

Comment

What he means is that the very large group that his administration is blindly letting into the country drive without insurance and the amount of claims that they produce is out of control. They have no coverage and don’t care. Yet another case of let everyone else pay for them.

Comment

I know it’s the price to pay for where we decided to build our retirement life BUT, try living along the Texas Coast and having to carry TWIA too! Between TWIA, homeowners and property taxes even after paying the place off we pay more in annually than we did for our old place in BCS that still had a mortgage. They really stick it to you for the required TWIA because they have a monopoly. If it goes much higher I’m afraid we will have to sell and move inland.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                      What he means is that the very large group that his administration is blindly letting into the country drive without insurance and the amount of claims that they produce is out of control. They have no coverage and don’t care. Yet another case of let everyone else pay for them.
                      They can drive right through your house and vehicles and walk away from the accident with no consequences. In my 23 years in th fire service i have seen it a dozen times. No license,no insurance no problem if you're here from south of the border. At 19 i got thrown in jail for 2 days for driving with no insurance

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

They can drive right through your house and vehicles and walk away from the accident with no consequences. In my 23 years in th fire service i have seen it a dozen times. No license,no insurance no problem if you're here from south of the border. At 19 i got thrown in jail for 2 days for driving with no insurance
                        Sounds fair.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

Especially under this current administration. They have more protective rights it seems than legit citizens

Comment

After reading a bit it seems some states don’t even allow selling uninsured motorists and collision insurance together. It’s like buying two products for the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                              I know it’s the price to pay for where we decided to build our retirement life BUT, try living along the Texas Coast and having to carry TWIA too! Between TWIA, homeowners and property taxes even after paying the place off we pay more in annually than we did for our old place in BCS that still had a mortgage. They really stick it to you for the required TWIA because they have a monopoly. If it goes much higher I’m afraid we will have to sell and move inland.

Michael
                              If your house is paid off, you don’t have to carry Windstorm

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                                If your house is paid off, you don’t have to carry Windstorm
                                We just had it built and don't want to roll the dice. More especially at retirement!

Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X