Feeding dogs just meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeding dogs just meat?

We have a 12-year-old dog who is having some seizure issues and it’s breaking our heart. We think we have found the diagnosis and there really is no help medically speaking. I’ve never have really trusted dog food for being the most healthful thing for an animal, and I’m wondering about feeding our dog just meat. Have any of you done this before? I’m thinking chicken, pork and beef, what are your thoughts? I have a huge supply of wild pork available.

Trust me, it depends on the breed. We have 2 yorkies and their digestive issues are bar none the worst. With this breed, bloody diarrhea is common. They get HGE and it's not fun.

Comment

Ham and bran.

Comment

They need more than just meat. There is a lot that goes into a raw diet.

Comment

try some Scrambled eggs

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
            try some Scrambled eggs
            We feed her an egg every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
              Ham and bran.
              Do you have any experience w this? What type bran?

Comment

We feed our dogs just chicken or beef and peas. Seems to have helped them.

Comment

Ive been feeding dogs between bryant brand dog food and plain cubed ham and bran cereal for 40 years. My grandpa did fed his dogs the same. Only dog I had that didnt live a long healthy life got kicked in the face by a cow.

Comment

I was feeding my JRT wild pig………until I did some research on the internet. While my research said pork was OK, it also said there can be a lot of problems with wild pork (raw wild pork / I don’t think it’s bad if you cook it thoroughly.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post

We feed her an egg every day.
                      throw in some white rice with the eggs

Comment

My JRT eats whatever I eat

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                          Ive been feeding dogs between bryant brand dog food and plain cubed ham and bran cereal for 40 years. My grandpa did fed his dogs the same. Only dog I had that didnt live a long healthy life got kicked in the face by a cow.
                          That’s some serious experience there between you and your grandpa. I would take y’all experience to heart and follow your directions. I learn from others who know what they are talking about and sounds like your family knows. Thanks

Comment

Boiled chicken and rice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                              They need more than just meat. There is a lot that goes into a raw diet.
                              Yup did this for 3 years. The Dogo in my avatar got the best of the best for 36 months. Cost me one weekend every month to produce 30 days of food for her.
                              They need what they get in the wild. Raw meet, organs, and bone. A Coyotes diet can be up to 30% bone.
                              The best way I have seen is throw a goat carcus in the back yard and do not give them anything till it's gone. Then throw a couple of 10 pound salmon into the back yard and don't give them anything till it's gone. Feeding a predator an all in raw and wild diet is interesting...

Comment

Working...
                              X