Lake Limestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Limestone

Going to Lake Limestone in a couple of weeks , I’ve heard it’s a good catfish lake but not so much for bass. I prefer bass fishing , I’m not asking for specific spots but just types of baits any of you use and general areas I should fish.

Never fished that lake but they should be shallow, on beds. It's that time of year. I've been catching them on red crank baits and craws Texas rigged. Good luck.

Comment

No fish on the stone. Not even carp. Go to fork

Comment

Limestone is a pretty good bass lake. Docks with brush are always good. There should still be some fish spawning or guarding fry.
        Last edited by Tbull9; 03-29-2024, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Shallow...am talking fish barely have water over their fins.

Comment

Only fish Crappie in that lake. Can't help you.

Comment

Crank baits snag a lot of buffalo there. Fish anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by rjs68 View Post
                Going to Lake Limestone in a couple of weeks , I’ve heard it’s a good catfish lake but not so much for bass. I prefer bass fishing , I’m not asking for specific spots but just types of baits any of you use and general areas I should fish.
                Should be 200 boats there in a couple weeks. THSBA Regionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  No fish on the stone. Not even carp. Go to fork
                  Yesterday.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

Yesterday.
                    It figures you would take that post cereal. I'll be back up there for regional. You know it's me by the music and large wakes

Comment

Not sure about these days but we fished it regularly many years ago, a couple of years after it was opened(79 or 80) and the bass fishing was phenomenal..
                      We had a hunting lease just a few miles from the lake. That entire 2800 acre lease was destroyed by the mining in the area.

Comment

I may have to reconsider after hearing high school regionals will be held up there, sounds like it will be a busy place.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

It figures you would take that post cereal. I'll be back up there for regional. You know it's me by the music and large wakes
                          Cool. We’ve been absolutely wacking them!!! Hope our pattern holds.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                            Not sure about these days but we fished it regularly many years ago, a couple of years after it was opened(79 or 80) and the bass fishing was phenomenal..
                            We had a hunting lease just a few miles from the lake. That entire 2800 acre lease was destroyed by the mining in the area.
                            I bet there’s bigger deer on that 2800 acres now than there were then

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

I bet there’s bigger deer on that 2800 acres now than there were then
                              It ain’t looking good today but there were some good ones on there then. There were several really good ones killed in the short time we hunted that place. 150’s.
                              But if it was still wooded today like back then, no doubt there would be some big ones. Back then there were A LOT of deer there.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X