Osceola Down - 4 of 5 Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osceola Down - 4 of 5 Complete

After a couple of unsuccessful trips to Florida, I finally signed up with Southern Outdoor Outfitters. It was a pleasant surprise to find out the David Blanton of Realtree would be hunting with us. When I arrived on Tuesday afternoon, David and his cameraman were out hunting. They came back in about dinner time with a turkey and a story. David is a neat guy and a believer. I really enjoyed getting to know him. The hunt itself was uneventful. We got up early went and sat down and as the sun came up we could see the birds roosting across the field from us. They flew down and I whacked one with my 12 gauge. A few minutes later Aaron got his and we were tagged out. I now have four of the five species of turkeys in North America and have a Gould's turkey hunt planned in May. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Files

Now that's a hunt, congrats sir.

Rwc

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

and yes David is a good dude

Comment

That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congrats! We just returned from Florida as well. Gonna try and do a single season slam this year. Good luck with the Goulds!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
            Congrats! We just returned from Florida as well. Gonna try and do a single season slam this year. Good luck with the Goulds!
            Me too. Have 2 trips planned for Rios in TX and one for Eastern in TN, Merriam's in NM and of course the Gould's in Chihuahua. Good luck to you!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on the swamp chicken and good luck on the slam this year.

Comment

Awesome. Congrats

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                    After a couple of unsuccessful trips to Florida, I finally signed up with Southern Outdoor Outfitters. It was a pleasant surprise to find out the David Blanton of Realtree would be hunting with us. When I arrived on Tuesday afternoon, David and his cameraman were out hunting. They came back in about dinner time with a turkey and a story. David is a neat guy and a believer. I really enjoyed getting to know him. The hunt itself was uneventful. We got up early went and sat down and as the sun came up we could see the birds roosting across the field from us. They flew down and I whacked one with my 12 gauge. A few minutes later Aaron got his and we were tagged out. I now have four of the five species of turkeys in North America and have a Gould's turkey hunt planned in May. Here are a few pics.
                    Very nice...congratulations!

Never met David Blanton, but always hear good things.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Good hunt congrats!

Comment

Well, after getting an Osceola and having hunts planned for the remaining 4 of the Royal slam. It occurred to me that with a little luck, I might complete the Royal Slam in 2024. I just got back from New Mexico with a stop in Llano and I now have 3 of the 5 killing a Merriam's in New Mexico and a Rio in Llano. I'm off to Tennessee for an Eastern Wednesday and to Mexico for a Gould's later in May. This just might happen!

Click image for larger version

Name:	output_image1713801472900.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	571.9 KB
ID:	26773506 Click image for larger version

Name:	output_image1713801356230.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	665.3 KB
ID:	26773507 Click image for larger version

Name:	output_image1713801413044.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	640.4 KB