Nissan Frontier Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan Frontier Reviews

Looking at a new Frontier. Do any of yall have one & if so could you post up how it has been & real world fuel mileage?
    Thanks in advance.

2023 Pro 4X. Love it but things I wish it didnt have lol.

17k in it. Drove to Fredericksburg last week. A 700 miles round trip and average 24.9.

the P4x has rear locking diff and is a game changer.

Z1 off road has tunes and aftermarket cold air intake. Combine it with their performance package and you have a BEAST.

I am going to get a new one end of year and do that. It will also get a 2 in lift.

i hate the Auto Start Stop but my sierra had that too. My cruise control was quirky but it go fixed.

310 horsepower without a tune. Non aspirated v6 with none of that fuel management. Made in Mississippi.

it is a close to what used to be a truck as you can find nowadays

Comment

I test drove one yesterday & was very impressed with that 6 cyl. I am selling a 2006 taco so it was nice. I don't care for turbo 4 cyl so taco is out this time. I know all the small trucks have turbos now except the nissan. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        I test drove one yesterday & was very impressed with that 6 cyl. I am selling a 2006 taco so it was nice. I don't care for turbo 4 cyl so taco is out this time. I know all the small trucks have turbos now except the nissan. Thanks!
        Exactly why I would go Nissan over Toyota! My Pro 4X was a great truck. I just needed more room.

Comment

I don't have any experience with brand new ones, but we have around a dozen Nissans in our fleet and they are built like tanks. All are 10-15 years old now with anywhere from 100-300k miles and are strong as ever.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240327_084534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	644.1 KB ID:	26754476

My wife has a '22 Frontier Pro-X (2WD). Has more gadgets and features than my F250 Lariat. Surprisingly comfortable for a smaller truck. We just drove it to north OK from Centerville and I think she averaged around 22 MPH. She's got a little better and a little worse. Had a pinhole leak in the fuel tank neck just below the gas cap. Drove us crazy with the check engine light. They finally figured it out after a few trips to the stealership. It's good now. I love the color of her truck. Gun metal gray.

Comment

We were talking about these at the deer lease the other day. You could get a Nissan frontier with a bumper to bumper 100k mile warranty for not much more than a new Side by side. Everyone Polaris rangers and can am are always breaking on or lease. Could drive these things as hard as we want, haul more feed, and if anything breaks just take it in Under warranty.

Comment

I bought a used one back in 2016 it is a 2014 2WD crew cab. It's now my sons truck for college. I lucked out and bought it with only 4700 miles on it. I believe now it has about 145000 and still running great. Only thing I've had serviced was rear diff seal started leaking and had that replaced. Other than that, normal wear and tear maintenance and typical oil change and tire rotation. It's been a great truck

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Click image for larger version Name:	20240327_084534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	644.1 KB ID:	26754476

My wife has a '22 Frontier Pro-X (2WD). Has more gadgets and features than my F250 Lariat. Surprisingly comfortable for a smaller truck. We just drove it to north OK from Centerville and I think she averaged around 22 MPH. She's got a little better and a little worse. Had a pinhole leak in the fuel tank neck just below the gas cap. Drove us crazy with the check engine light. They finally figured it out after a few trips to the stealership. It's good now. I love the color of her truck. Gun metal gray.
                  That’s a nice truck! I wouldn’t mind having it in 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

That’s a nice truck! I wouldn’t mind having it in 4WD
                    I tried to talk her into it because of our private "road" and its glorious condition. But they were pretty expensive right after covid...and hard to find.
                    Last edited by Chew; 03-27-2024, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Ol japanese proverb in 3 words

Not a toyota...

Comment

I tried to talk her into it because of our private "road" and its glorious condition. But they were pretty expensive right after covid...and hard to find.
                        Very nice truck Bobby!
                        Thanks for the review!

Comment

Thanks Everyone for the help & info. Doing some dealing now. God I hate truck buying. LOL!

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	20240327_084534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	644.1 KB ID:	26754476

Dang, I do like that color.

We used to run Nissan trucks at work years ago before we moved to full size. Started with the old Hardbody model and had a couple Gen 1 Frontiers, never had any issues with them.

Might have to point my daughter in this direction when she gets ready.

Comment

We've recently test drove one for my wife's next ride- I'm trying to sway her that direction with the thoughts I would take ownership after she was done and be a forever to own truck for me to use as needed. Kinda selfish so we will see how it goes. Maybe a new used to pay off in a couple years then get her another new ride.... still selfish.

Good luck on the truck shopping.
                              I have no dealer to recommend but can say the one in Baytown had $750 worth of dealer add- ons to fight off . (Vs the $5,000 + the Jeep dealer up the feeder had - crooks) .

I do know the fully loaded Pro4X4's were running ~$47k when I was window shopping not too long ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X