Food Saver/ Sealer bags change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Saver/ Sealer bags change?

I have 2 sealers. They have been excellent for years. The last batch of bags would not even try to seal if ANY moisture would cross the seal. I tried both sealers and the same thing occurred. The previous bags had no issues with fresh fish or chicken. I know I can use paper towels in the bag or do a partial freeze to get around this but why has it changed?

I stopped using food saver bags and went to a different brand . Wasn’t having any luck sealing the food saver bags .

Comment

I use Wevac brand bags on Amazon. Really like them. They have all sizes and good price.

Amazon.com: Wevac 8” x 12” 200 Count Food Vacuum Sealer Bags Keeper, PreCut Quart, Ideal for Food Saver, BPA Free, Commercial Grade, Great for storage, meal prep and Sous Vide : Home & Kitchen

Comment

I used the Costco brand when we made sausage this year. So far they’ve held up great.

Comment

I use some from Amazon and they work great. Foodsaver just got to expensive for the same crap you can buy on Amazon.

Comment

We’ve have very good luck with Out Of Air bags off of Amazon. When they were out of stock I tried foodsaver and another brand and we got around a 50/50 success rate from those

Comment

Wevac is what I use . Only ones I can get 15in wide for making bacon .

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
                We’ve have very good luck with Out Of Air bags off of Amazon. When they were out of stock I tried foodsaver and another brand and we got around a 50/50 success rate from those
                Another props for Out of Air. Have been using a few years now and definitely much better than FS brand.

Comment

I threw a bunch in the trash I got from Meat Your Maker. Wouldn't seal using 2 different sealers. I even resealed all 3 sides and they still wouldn't pull any air out.

Comment

I used the WeVac bags. They are the same thickness and work as well as the Foodsaver bags for less money.

Comment

I switched to LEM bags a couple of years ago. And haven't had any issues since.

Comment

Working...
                      X