Herb Alpert and…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herb Alpert and…

No, no Tijuana Brass but definitely a band of talented musicians and a wife who used to sing for Brazil 66.

a fantastic show from the best seat in the house!
    Attached Files

Was it really Herb Alpert? Wow. He's got to be near 90 now. I liked Tijuana Brass. I remember he got hit by a brick in some protest back in the late 60s or early 70s and they said he wouldn't be able to play again.

Comment

Yes, it was really Herb Alpert…at 88 years old! God love him, he was rickety and arthritic but he can still perform. Not the same energy as the old Tijuana Brass days—he mainly performed compilations of his old music— but he interacted with the audience giving the history and background of many of the songs he played, whether his or those of others’ with whom he collaborated.

I’d do it again.

Comment

Poor old Lonely bull. Did he ever get any?
        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 03-28-2024, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          Poor old bull. Did he ever get any?
          Of course.

Comment

The Paramount in Austin is a beautiful old theater with good acoustics. I saw the movie Ben-Hur there when I was a kid. Also saw Rush there in the 70s, and Loreena McKennitt the last time she toured the U.S. I didn't know Herb Alpert was on tour. You made a great memory.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
              The Paramount in Austin is a beautiful old theater with good acoustics. I saw the movie Ben-Hur there when I was a kid. Also saw Rush there in the 70s, and Loreena McKennitt the last time she toured the U.S. I didn't know Herb Alpert was on tour. You made a great memory.
              My memory would have been much better had I been able to see the stage.

In my not so humble opinion, if you have a head as big as a billboard you need to sitting in the back row! (see pic)

Comment

That woulda been cool to see him.

Comment

I bet that was a great show! When his "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" album came out I remember being mesmerized by the album cover even though I was only 9 years old.

Comment

Shoot I read Herb Alert 🔔

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

My memory would have been much better had I been able to see the stage.

In my not so humble opinion, if you have a head as big as a billboard you need to sitting in the back row! (see pic)
                      Well…..if you weren’t so vertically challenged……… but this coming from a big headed guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

Well…..if you weren’t so vertically challenged……… but this coming from a big headed guy.
                        Hah! Truth!

Everywhere I go, my view is always blocked by someone else. I’m used to it, though, so I just shift myself to one side or another so I can see (or I watch the Jumbotron). However, Fat Head here in the picture was so moved by the music he kept swaying back and forth.

All could do is laugh. My motto: “When life hands you lemons, add some vodka and make a Lemon Drop Martini.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

Hah! Truth!

Everywhere I go, my view is always blocked by someone else. I’m used to it, though, so I just shift myself to one side or another so I can see (or I watch the Jumbotron). However, Fat Head here in the picture was so moved by the music he kept swaying back and forth.

All could do is laugh. My motto: “When life hands you lemons, add some vodka and make a Lemon Drop Martini.
                          Atta girl, roll with the flow !

Comment

That looks just like the back of some guys head. Great capture Shawn.🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              That looks just like the back of some guys head. Great capture Shawn.🤣🤣
                              Like I said, when you're head is as big as a billboard, you should relegate yourself to the back row!

When we first arrived, I was jazzed because our seats were great (we were there as guests of another couple)! Then that guy sat down. My husband and I just laughed.

Comment

Working...
                              X