• Show
Clear All

That's why I started flying again recently

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      That's why I started flying again recently
      You trying to get there quicker??

Comment

Act your age! I don’t know how I’ve never been this old!

Comment

Amen

Comment

I retired at 51 and try not to put off doing anything. Wife and I talked about it at length and both said we would go back to work when we were in our 70s if we need to. No telling what the future holds so why not live today?

Comment

When you turn 70, the knock on the door is the Grim Reaper asking "Are you still there?" My 74 year old brother-in-law who was thin, ate turkey to avoid fat, and ran in place daily for thirty minutes died unexpectedly in October. He died "with his boots on". My father died at 51 of a heart attack. Life would be easier to plan for if we knew our expiration date.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                Life would be easier to plan for if we knew our expiration date.
                But thats what makes life interesting. If you knew the date, You would just sit around until the last week and then run around trying to do all the things you wanted to do before you checked out.

Comment

Basically same thing from the oposite perspective

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

You trying to get there quicker??
                    Trying to get to Nacogdoches quicker. That's a brutal drive from Lampasas

Comment

I left home right after high school. Moved 300 miles away for a good job. Workin a new job, making a life for me here, I found it hard to visit home very often. Distance, time, new responsibilities. My Mom passed away 5 years later. I had seen her 3, maybe 4 times in that 5 year period. I'm 68 now and **** I miss her!

Comment

Agreed 1000%!

Comment

Good idea. I’ve been trying to poop for two days now!

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                            I left home right after high school. Moved 300 miles away for a good job. Workin a new job, making a life for me here, I found it hard to visit home very often. Distance, time, new responsibilities. My Mom passed away 5 years later. I had seen her 3, maybe 4 times in that 5 year period. I'm 68 now and **** I miss her!
                            I was considering being a “lifer” in the Corps” but didn’t want to leave my folks to fend for themselves. I got out and was so blessed to have spent the rest of their lives with em. I miss em every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              Good idea. I’ve been trying to poop for two days now!
                              TMI, my friend. TMI...

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                                Posted this before - it is on my computer so I can see it and remind myself everyday
                                Preach!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X