Generative AI assistant for writing- amazing and scary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generative AI assistant for writing- amazing and scary

When we retired in Montana, I fell in love with the state and the county we live in, and became fascinated by its history from the gold rush of 1863 to the present day. Combining web searches on Google, searching newspaper archives, and researching people on ancestry.com the amount of information I gathered and learned has earned me the title of the local historian. People urged me to write on book, which I started. In getting ready to start writing, I decided to look into Generative artificial intelligence​ and programs that are available for free to aid in writing. I found there are many, and downloaded one called Grammarly. It lets you change the purpose or tense of what you write.

Amazing. Scary at the same time.

Here's an example:

Something I wrote quickly:

Hey Jerk! While I was parked and shopping at the store you hit my pickup truck. Don't deny it you idiot, there were 3 witnesses in the parking lot who saw you hit my truck and leave. They took down your license plate number and vehicle description. I'll find out where you live and beat the living stuffing out of you if you don't pay for all the collision repairs. I know where you live, you better get in touch with me fast.

Here's what it rewrote:

Initial
    I am writing to you concerning an incident that occurred while I was parked and shopping at the store. Unfortunately, my pickup truck was hit by a vehicle, and three witnesses saw it happen. I understand that accidents can happen, and I hope we can work together to resolve this fairly and honestly. I kindly ask that you take responsibility for the damages caused to my vehicle and arrange for the necessary repairs. Please get in touch with me as soon as possible, so we can come to an agreement and avoid any further escalation. Thank you.

Aggressive
    Listen up! You hit my parked pickup truck while I was shopping at the store. Don't even think about denying it, because three witnesses saw you do it and took down your license plate number and vehicle description. You need to take responsibility for the damages and arrange for the necessary repairs immediately. I expect you to contact me promptly to come to a fair and reasonable solution. Remember, I have all the necessary information, and I won't hesitate to take further action if needed.

Shortened
    My parked pickup truck was hit while I was shopping at the store. Three witnesses saw it happen. I ask that you take responsibility for the damages and arrange for the necessary repairs. Please contact me promptly to avoid further escalation.

Diplomatic
    Hello, I am reaching out to you regarding an incident that occurred while I was parked and shopping at the store. Unfortunately, my pickup truck was hit by a vehicle, and there were three witnesses who saw it happen. I would appreciate it if you could take responsibility for the damages caused to my vehicle and arrange for the necessary repairs in a timely manner. I believe that we can work together to come to a fair and reasonable solution that benefits both of us. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so we can discuss this matter further. Thank you.​

The Robots are coming which might be a upgrade with todays service.

Comment

We were talking about the use of AI on our team phone call yesterday. Big boss said it’s easily seen a mile ahead when AI is used for writing. But it works good when you want to reword something.

Comment

I like the “Hey Jerk” one better Bill. Like Rooster Cogburn said “give ‘em to know my intentions are serious !”

Comment

Working...
        X