Moose and Big Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moose and Big Cat

Listening to the news. They were talking about Moose living in Nevada. Possibly opening a limited hunt on them in the near future. I didn't realize thy were that far south.

That story was followed by a big cat attack in CA. The hiker did not win. The good part of the story was. They did not kill the cat. Just scared it off by firing shots off in the air.

How is that good news? If a cat attacks a hiker, they should fire shots directly into the cat. That's called repeat prevention.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      How is that good news? If a cat attacks a hiker, they should fire shots directly into the cat. That's called repeat prevention.
      That cat is single handedly doing the Lord's work to prevent new residents moving to Tejas.

Comment

I think it's at least worth considering the merits of the average California hiker, the distaste the cat has already endured, and whether or not repeat prevention should actually be the goal.

Comment

Californians are goofy as hell. To them shooting a mountain lion would be right up there with a cop shooting a black guy. There'd be gay dudes dressed as cougars marching through the streets had they killed it.

Comment

The two victims were shed antler hunting. CA Fish and Wildlife tracked and killed the lion. I don't know why the first responders didn't shoot it other than cats are protected in California and maybe the sheriffs deputies just thought it better to let another department handle that.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Californians are goofy as hell. To them shooting a mountain lion would be right up there with a cop shooting a black guy. There'd be gay dudes dressed as cougars marching through the streets had they killed it.
              This is completely absurd yet spot on at the same time..

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                The two victims were shed antler hunting. CA Fish and Wildlife tracked and killed the lion. I don't know why the first responders didn't shoot it other than cats are protected in California and maybe the sheriffs deputies just thought it better to let another department handle that.
                Probably the latter, no gain, no pain !

Comment

There are a lot of good, normal people in California too. That was someone's loved one. Horrible way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    There are a lot of good, normal people in California too. That was someone's loved one. Horrible way to go.
                    For certain, and I probably shouldn't make light of the situation.

But after decades and decades and decades of their own moronically poor decisions in that state...I'm finding it harder and harder to sympathize. They could have armed themselves, had they not given away those rights. The cat population could be better managed and they be kept further from the public, but the bleeding hearts have decided cat lives are more important than hiker lives. We will likely find that the cat had been on the radar previously, and everyone was scared to handle it...I'm speculating there, but that's the way these things typically unfold.

Comment

You know alot of folks suffer from HE MAN complex around here. Probably have never been to the Central Valley of California or across the northern areas......completely different than coastal or city areas. Shed hunting in cougar country and get killed is incredibly tragic and rough way to go no matter who or where you are!

Comment

The fact they were out shed hunting instead of participating in some California mass retail looting makes me think these were some good guys.
                        You have a small percentage of California making all the bad rules and the people living outside that percentage area suffer because of it. Many can not just pack up and move because of family/work situations.

Comment

Sad deal, this is what happens when large predators have no fear of man.

Comment

Yes and yes. Outside the big cities are a bunch of real good folk..

Comment

I understand what you’re saying, but humor—“gallows” humor, in this case—is a legitimate mechanism for the outlet of stress, in this case, the “heebie jeebies.”

Now, if a known loved one of the victim was involved in the conversation, I would consider the humor misplaced or untimely.

Comment

Working...
                              X