F150 rotors turned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 rotors turned

What should this run to have someone turn the rotors on my front tires? Just a ballpark idea Thanks

My guess is about $30-40/ rotor. If you have an auto parts store around, there is a good chance they could do it.

Comment

Been a long time since I checked, but last ones I priced it wasn't that much more to buy replacements.

Comment

If it's more than $40 a rotor I would buy new ones. That is one spot you always want plenty of metal.

Comment

Replacement rotors have tripled in price since covid. Most of the independent shops I deal with are turning rotors again. They charge 25.00 per rotor if they do the brake job.

Comment

Why do they need turned. Grooved, glazed ??????

Comment

O’Rileys turned mine on 06 -18” rims around $25 per rotor. They have to have enough meat to have turned. New one was around $45 back in 2022.

Comment

Im in the buy new fan club. A quick search on rockauto has front rotors and pads for both sides at 100 bucks for a 2019 f150 with 5.0 (wagner). Me pulling them off, going to town, waiting, driving back home etc is worth 100 bucks in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Im in the buy new fan club. A quick search on rockauto has front rotors and pads for both sides at 100 bucks for a 2019 f150 with 5.0 (wagner). Me pulling them off, going to town, waiting, driving back home etc is worth 100 bucks in itself.
                  Not to mention the probabilty that the minimum wage doofus at Oriely will cut them too thin which means they will warp and need replacement anyway.

Comment

I would buy new. And splurge for the higher end Wagner ceramic pads.

Comment

The cost, hassle, and downtime of turning rotors is enough to convince me that new is the best option, and many times you can find better quality than what came from the factory. I probably haven't turned a rotor in over 20 years and the ones I buy almost always outlast the OE in terms of mileage.

Comment

Thanks for all of the info - I am going with new ones

Comment

My mechanic told me that rotors aren't made with enough metal anymore to allow for turning and still allow for safe operation. Like kry226 posted ^^, it's not worth it anymore.

Comment

I'm in the buy new club as well. They will be more prone to warp after turning. They don't make em like they used to.

Comment

Working...
                            X