Electric golf cart Gurus-Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric golf cart Gurus-Need some help

I have a 48volt Yamaha G22 that I am having problems. Last year it just died. Did some trouble shooting and thought controller and solenoid. So it has a new 400a solenoid and a new Alltrax sepex controller. After replacing the higher amp controller, I thought the batteries didn't have enough juice. It now has a set of 48v lithium batteries.

Got it all hooked up, press the pedal and it just hops/bucks without going forward. I jacked up the wheels off the ground and finally got it past the hopping but only seemed to go one direction
    Disconnected the wires to the motor. And did the test of the SEPEX motor by jumping A1/F1 and A2/F2. Hooked up 12 volts to the motor and it only runs in reverse no matter the polarity.

With all of that I think the motor has a short. Does this sound correct?

I don't want to keep throwing expensive parts at it since I have already put on a controller and batteries.

Appreciate any input yall have

Get on Buggies gone wild and search or post this exact post. There will be plenty of people on there to help you. They even have a Yamaha forum. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
      Get on Buggies gone wild and search or post this exact post. There will be plenty of people on there to help you. They even have a Yamaha forum. Good luck.
      Yea this, guys have helped me many times. LINK Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Comment

Yeah I figured I would hop over there. But figured I would check here first before creating an account. I have used their forum a lot in the past reading it, and actually bought the controller from ScottyB's shop

Comment

Was it wet when it quit running or had you recently washed it? Sounds like the accelerator control has moisture. I'm not sure on yamaha but look under the accelerator pedal there should be a box of some sort. then wires coming out of it that go to the controller. open that up and see if its corroded or has moister in it. Leave it open, clean it out let it dry out then try it. May even have to be replaced. I had a similar sounding issue with an ezgo and it had gotten water in the accelerator box and was jumping and skipping. Dried it out, resealed and worked fine.

Comment

It was dry last year when it messed up. If I jack it up it runs good, but as soon as you put it on the ground it starts the bucking crap. I can't figure out why it only goes in reverse either. And no error codes from the Alltrax software

I wonder if there is a way to bypass the foot pedal to try and see if that is the problem

Comment

So same thing with old controller and new?

Comment

With the old controller it just died. I had moved the cart about 20yds to pick up the kids, and then when I tried to go again I got nothing. That is when I went through the trials last year and settled on the controller.

I am going to look and see if I can bypass the pedal and see what it does. And also try to see if the reverse/forward switch is functioning and if that is the source of it only going one direction. But I don't think that is the case,because when I bench tested it only goes backwards no matter the polarity.

Also wondering if I have multiple problems at the same time

Comment

Had one for a bit, the only solution I could find was to sell the POS, best thing I ever did! Will never own another.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                    With the old controller it just died. I had moved the cart about 20yds to pick up the kids, and then when I tried to go again I got nothing. That is when I went through the trials last year and settled on the controller.

I am going to look and see if I can bypass the pedal and see what it does. And also try to see if the reverse/forward switch is functioning and if that is the source of it only going one direction. But I don't think that is the case,because when I bench tested it only goes backwards no matter the polarity.

Also wondering if I have multiple problems at the same time
                    I'd switch the wires on the shift switch and see if it only goes forward. Just to rule out that switch as the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X