Which crawfish cooker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which crawfish cooker?

I’m done with the big pot/burner. Any of y’all have reviews on the loco, outdoor gourmet, creole, or king cookers? Preference and why? Which ones to stay away from? Best jet burners?

I am hitting the one in HEB's parking lot today.
    Kids and Grand kids for lunch today...

Comment

The Original Swamp Bucket Seafood Boiler for Small Batches of Seafood—Up to 10 or so pounds of Crawfish/Shrimp/Snow Crabs or 2-3 Dozen Crabs with all your Fixings. Ships in 3-5 business days. We cannot ship buckets to a P.O. Box. Please provide a non-post office box address when completin

Comment

That is very cool, haven’t seen it.

Comment

The key to good crawfish is to eat what the other guy cooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            The key to good crawfish is to eat what the other guy cooks.
            This is the truth. Eating crawfish is enough work without having to cook them too. But don't forget to call me when they're done. I'll bring beer.

Comment

I bought a swamp bucket for small 3-4 person boils. I was very impressed once I got the time it takes to get water boiling figured out. Still need a bigger 70-90qt boiler for parties.

Comment

I am still using the old school pot and drilled out grease cert burner built in the 1970's. I will put that jet flame thrower up against any modern burner with an 80-100 qt pot.

Back to the OP's question I have a couples friends with Loco's and they seem to be legit and a quality made product.

Put me in the rather go to a boil than do the boiling now days group . My pot mostly sits but have loaned it out a few times.

Comment

On a budget, Academy has a good one. Been using mine for the last couple years and it’s still in good shape. Just my cents.

Comment

We have the outdoor gourmet one at work. And have used it at home a couple times too, I don’t have any complaints about it

Comment

Bigger gatherings, just hire Poco. Lol

I used one of the academy ones once. Wasn’t bad, but wasn’t put together the best either.

Comment

Doing a DIY swamp bucket. Everything should arrive Thursday. I made mine a 7 gallon not a 5 gallon. Cost about $47
                        Attached Files

Comment

This guy is top-notch
                          Texas Outdoor Cookers, LLC, Willow City, Texas. 642 likes · 28 talking about this · 20 were here. We offer a very durable product with no weak spots. Great for Camping, Hunting, Tailgating

Comment

I use a loco 90qt cooker and it is awesome. Have done single sacks or up to 9 sacks in a customer cook in under two hours. Burns more even and way faster/better than the outdoor gourmet cooker. Easier to drain and clean too!
                            Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 03-24-2024, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              I am hitting the one in HEB's parking lot today.
                              Kids and Grand kids for lunch today...
                              We had fun and ate a bunch of mud bugs.....

Comment

Working...
                              X