Big cat prints or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big cat prints or something else?

My neighbor just called me to let me know that one of his cows showed up this morning with some
    claw marks on it. He then tells me that he went into his garden and found a set of tracks that look like they are from a big cat based on their size and spacing. I’ll post a not so good picture here beside his hand for comparison. He sent me a short video he made showing the tracks a LOT better as well as showing the spacing. I’m going to try to post that video too.

This is east/south east of Floresville by about 10 miles.
    Attached Files

Ok. I uploaded his short video to my YouTube page. What do y’all think?

Comment

I’m no expert on big cats, but I would say from what I can see that those are tracks of a large dog.

Comment

When I clicked on your YouTube link it took me to a video, something called “kids meet the new baby sibling,” or something to that effect. This one clip was hysterical…parents placed a swaddled newborn in the lap of 2-year-old brother. Brother looked at baby, made a disgusted face, then promptly sneezed. Snot, goop, and other unidentifiable mucosoid fluids were forcefully deposited all over the hours-old newborn.

And I don’t care how big those cat’s prints might have been, this video was way better!

Comment

Like you said, not very good pic and same with the video …he kinda just cruised right on past them quickly ..but they look canine to me

Comment

any pics of the cow ??

Comment

From the shape of the track and what looks to be a claw mark on one toe I'd say it was a canine. Big dog of some sort.

Comment

Gonna guess dog, looks like the heel only has 2 humps and middle toes are even

Comment

I’m in agreement with y’all on this. Unfortunately, he did not send any pics of the cow.

Comment

It’s dog tracks

Comment

Dogs/ coyote tracks show nails
                      Cats do not. Not sure from the pictures but I think I see there's nail impressions.
                      I guess a big enough dog's nails could scratch the cow.
                      Set up a game camera.
                      My 2 cents.

Comment

cows are probably scratching wire and posts to get rid of the winter coat

Comment

My cows got lice and some look terrible.

I dont like dogs in my pasture.

Comment

100% canine

Comment

There could for sure be a cat in that area. Soft/wet soil can make prints look bigger than they should. It look like there are claws. If that’s the case that some form of pooch.

Comment

Working...
                              X