Select Baseball "World Series Question"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select Baseball "World Series Question"

Long story short we were going to travel not to far from home to Lake Charles for our "World Series" this summer. We had it made, we found a house to share with another family, on the water so we had something to do when we had some down time.

Last week we found out that the director pulled out and cancelled it in Lake Charles and the coaches found us another one for roughly the same dates, June 10-16, in Panama City Beach Florida. Talk about a shock! I now have an 8 hour longer drive and $1500 more Condo bill.

Aside from that---Have any of you guys/gals been there? We are looking for something to do while we are there, besides play on the beach.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated. We are staying at the Regency Condo on the beach.

Thanks!

Only been there once and that was 35 years ago but it's the most beautiful beach I've ever seen.

Comment

Go for the vacation time not the baseball. If you are traveling for just baseball then you can find better events without such a financial commitment. We played a lot of high level baseball and the competition here in Texas was always the best,

Comment

It is crowded. Goto Tootsies. Just enjoy the time with the kid

Comment

Never been to PCB, but we did Gulf Shores/Orange Beach a few years back. The baseball was fine but it rained most days, the beach was nice but I don't like beaches, the fresh seafood was awesome but it was an hour and a half wait pretty much everywhere. You just have to understand what you're getting into, and roll with it. We hired a small offshore boat one day and took the boys to catch snappers, which was cool.

I'm tired of sweating and being miserable that entire week of July, so we are going to Vail for our WS this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Never been to PCB, but we did Gulf Shores/Orange Beach a few years back. The baseball was fine but it rained most days, the beach was nice but I don't like beaches, the fresh seafood was awesome but it was an hour and a half wait pretty much everywhere. You just have to understand what you're getting into, and roll with it. We hired a small offshore boat one day and took the boys to catch snappers, which was cool.

I'm tired of sweating and being miserable that entire week of July, so we are going to Vail for our WS this year.
            Of course we are there the first full week of Hurricane season! June 11-16

Comment

I know you said besides the beach and its been over 10 years but Saint Andrews state park was the best beach at the time.

Comment

If you have any interest in military stuff, the Army Aviation museum is near Enterprise, AL on Ft. Rucker (now Ft. Novosel).

Comment

My dad lives near PCB. Ive found the area very touristy and expensive but nice beaches. He has a old motorhome we stay in so we don't have to pay for a hotel. Will be down there May for a wedding.

Comment

Working...
                  X