Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Gila Trout Replica Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gila Trout Replica Mount

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3774.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	26749992

My friend and I fished the Gila National Forest last summer for a few days. Great times and lots of fish, I ended up getting a replica made of one of the bigger ones. I would highly recommend Fin and Bones Taxidermy out of Temple

Beautiful animal and a great tribute

Comment

That’s a beautiful fish. Congrats

Comment

Now thats cool!

Comment

Very nice...

Comment

That's a nice one! I like it

Comment

That's cool! Bill does good work!!

Comment

That’s really cool. I’m going to be in Easter Arizona this summer and hope I can catch an Apache trout on my fly rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  That’s really cool. I’m going to be in Easter Arizona this summer and hope I can catch an Apache trout on my fly rod.
                  That's high on our list too. We are planning a Rio Grande Cutthroat trip this summer

Comment

Going to go catch me a few on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Tykam View Post

That's high on our list too. We are planning a Rio Grande Cutthroat trip this summer
                      I have to admit, I was ignorant to this species of trout. But, my sisters suggested a family get together in Greer, AZ. The cabins were located on the little Colorado River which boasts Apache trout. I got all excited after a bit of research and learned of the species which is common in the waters. Then they pulled the plug because the cabins weren’t large enough to accommodate our family group, and move the destination to Show Low. But I’ve pretty much convinced myself to drive the hour to Greer and fish the li’l Colorado anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

I have to admit, I was ignorant to this species of trout. But, my sisters suggested a family get together in Greer, AZ. The cabins were located on the little Colorado River which boasts Apache trout. I got all excited after a bit of research and learned of the species which is common in the waters. Then they pulled the plug because the cabins weren’t large enough to accommodate our family group, and move the destination to Show Low. But I’ve pretty much convinced myself to drive the hour to Greer and fish the li’l Colorado anyway
                        It was definitely more fun going after the native trout. Good luck on your trip 👍 Not sure how the Apache streams are, but the Gila streams were very remote. We practically didn't see another person all day.
                        If you haven't already, I would recommend searching the Western Native Trout Challenge. It will give you good info about different streams with Apache populations

Comment

Originally posted by Tykam View Post

It was definitely more fun going after the native trout. Good luck on your trip 👍 Not sure how the Apache streams are, but the Gila streams were very remote. We practically didn't see another person all day.
                          If you haven't already, I would recommend searching the Western Native Trout Challenge. It will give you good info about different streams with Apache populations
                          Good advice, I’ll check it out. So far I have found 2 area streams with Apache, one of which is a hatchery

Comment

Working...
                          X