• Show
Clear All

A/C Question

Click image for larger version

Name:	ac.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	26749026
    I have no knowledge of this topic beyond how to operate the thermostat.
    ​I need to replace this unit. Can someone identify what size unit by the information on this tag? I would like to be able to call around and shop prices before I have someone out to the house. Thanks in advance.

Looking up the model # it's a 2.5 ton 12 seer condensor

Comment

Thanks Jason.

Comment

Yep. And be ready for sticker shock. Inside and outside will have to be replaced.
        And R-410A is being phased out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
          Thanks Jason.
          You're welcome. I used Work Environmental in Denton for my replacement a few years ago. They were more of a hometown mom and pop shop than some of the gimmick places you hear on the radio. I got a price on Trane and Daikin and chose the Daikin when all was said and done. Both were very competitive at WE.
          Last edited by Smart; 03-20-2024, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
            Yep. And be ready for sticker shock. Inside and outside will have to be replaced.
            And R-410A is being phased out now.
            This is why I am replacing. I have been nursing it along for the last five years, but last year I was told no more.

Comment

23-24 year old 2.5 ton R-22 unit
              is the heat gas or electric??

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post

This is why I am replacing. I have been nursing it along for the last five years, but last year I was told no more.
                I had my R22 unit replaced 3 years ago. I did the same thing, he finally told me I couldn't put anymore band aids on it haha. Last week the fan motor went out and had it replaced. While he was there he was telling me the the 410A (which is what mine is) is being phased out now. The new refrigerant will have propane in it.

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
                  23-24 year old 2.5 ton r-22 unit
                  is the heat gas or electric??
                  gas

Comment

My daughter had a 3 ton replaced last year, inside and out, gas heat for $7600. I bet you can't even touch that price anymore.

Comment

What is the new refrigerant if R410A is being phased out. It’s a conspiracy IMO. The faster we change refrigerants to more business we generate. Guess I should stock on R410 now.

Comment

Lobbyists. Yes stock up if you can and have a license , just think of all the money made by businesses that stocked up on R 22.

Comment

Equipment only should be priced between $7-9k for Replacment depending on brand/seer etc. I own an ac company in the dfw area if around shoot me a text 214-243-6022. I give all TBH guys a 3% discount on equipment.
                          Also don’t let the r410a scare you. It will still be around for a while and I don’t see it being as “phased” out as the r22 was. But yes a new refrigerant is coming soon.

Comment

And dont get any copper as the new refrigerents eat through it

Comment

Working...
                            X