Tripod Setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripod Setups

I’m looking to upgrade my tripod setup for predator hunting. Any recommendations out there. I’m currently running an old Bog pod with the Y yoke (before they made the death grips tripods). I’ve been eyeing the Leofoto SO, the warrior commander, and the Fatboy elevate.
    I don’t really understand what all parts you need to have the quick disconnects on those higher end tripods. If I’m right, it seems like I’ll need a tripod (obviously), a head of some sorts, and a rail.
    Also, I don’t know if you can mix match parts between brands. I really like the looks of the fatboy levitate head, but I don’t want to drop the extra money on their tripods when the other brands have equal features for significantly less.

When I lived down south and had tons of land to call on, I had 2 4-5’ 1” dowel rods tied together with a leather strap.

I preferred as light and simple as possible for easy running and gunning.

that being said; I have a Bog Pod; and prefer my Primos Jim Shockey Tripod. Maybe not near as steady, but much lighter and , easier to deploy,

Comment

I love my hog saddle tripod
      here is what I have setup

HOG Saddle Shadow Tech, LLC PIG0311-G Field Shooting Tripod, OD Green , for Tripod Shooting

Comment

Holy crap! 😲 And I thought Bog Pods were expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
          Holy crap! 😲 And I thought Bog Pods were expensive!
          Honestly, I thought the same when I bought one of them. After some HEAVY use, I can confidently say, I’m not impressed with them. For a budget options that will see light use, it’s acceptable. But for my needs, it never fit the bill for me. I just haven’t been ready to drop the ball on a quality tripod

Comment

Working...
          X