Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to rent cultipacker - Beaumont area

Does anyone within 50 or so miles of Beaumont have a utv/atv
    tow behind cultipacker or 3 point cultipacker I could rent for a day or 2?

A few years ago I picked up the Field Tuff cultipacker from TSC. The wheels are absolute garbage, but it still gets the job done.

Cultipackers are fantastic tools for food plots.

Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near Beaumont - if I was you'd be welcome to a few days of use.

Comment

You may try U Rent All in Orange Texas.
      (409) 886-4651

Comment

I am looking at a ATV usable flip over disc right now. What is the main difference with this Cultipacker if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

a cultipacker crushes up and evenly packs the soil around your seed giving you a better germination rate. A disc is just for working the ground to get it ready for planting. You can run a disc back over your soil after seeding to help cover the seeds but it doesn't pack them in like they really should be.

With that being said, I have not heard good thing about those atv discs. They don't have enough weight or pressure to really work any ground. You'll probably end up just scratching the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
            a cultipacker crushes up and evenly packs the soil around your seed giving you a better germination rate. A disc is just for working the ground to get it ready for planting. You can run a disc back over your soil after seeding to help cover the seeds but it doesn't pack them in like they really should be.

With that being said, I have not heard good thing about those atv discs. They don't have enough weight or pressure to really work any ground. You'll probably end up just scratching the surface.
            Good stuff sir, thanks for the explanation. I had kinda felt the same about ATV implements in my mind. I am on sandy loam (more sand than loam) so was willing to take a chance on one.

Comment

Working...
            X