No announcement yet.

2020 F150 - any common problems to watch out for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve seen camshaft/valve failures around 150k here at the shop.

Comment

I have a 2020 F150 with 5.0 V8 with ~120K miles. No mechanical issues, my only issue is my screen freezes frequently and I have to perform a hard reset to get it working again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
        I have a 2020 F150 with 5.0 V8 with ~120K miles. No mechanical issues, my only issue is my screen freezes frequently and I have to perform a hard reset to get it working again.
        My 2019 does the same thing. Or sometimes I will plug my phone in and CarPlay doesn’t come up. Hard reset fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
          That year model 5.0 like others have said has oil consumption issues.

Regarding the 10sp trans, I don’t think I’ve heard of any going out per day but they 100% are quirky. Like hard shifts in 4th and 8th due to the adaptive learning.

Very solid trucks and I don’t know if I’d shy away from one but for sure things to keep an eye on.
          I had this same issue with hard shifting. Made an appointment with a stealership, left my truck there for 4 days and finally took it home when they hadn't even looked at it. So I purchased the interface from Amazon, downloaded the Forscan software, bought a $15 1-yr license then reset my adaptive learning to stock and turned it off. It's been shifting smoothly ever since. I also reprogrammed my truck for my larger tires, turned off unwanted chimes, enabled the ability to have the fog lights on with my bright lights, etc. Super easy and youtube videos abound.

Comment

Ford guys: "Dang ol chevy is a POS man, gotta change the light bulbs every year or so..."

Also Ford guys: "yeah my f one fiddy uses 2 quarts of oil every 5000 miles, but I'm used to that. Just hope the tranny stays together this time..."

Comment

Working...
            X