Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God saved us from having to make the decision...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God saved us from having to make the decision...

Our female Lab, Gabby, turned 11 last month. Arthritis was starting to slow her down, but the will to go was still there. When she would see me reach for the Ranger keys hanging on the wall, the barking and hopping up and down on her front legs would begin. Well, over the last couple of weeks, she hasn't been feeling good. We took her to the vet three times over a weeks time and nothing was really found that the vet said was life threatening- a little dehydrated but blood work looked OK. She would eat only a little bit for the last couple of days, but Saturday she was starting to look perkier- like her old self. My wife had been getting up several times during the night to try to get her to eat a little. Well, a little after 2 this morning, she woke me up with the cry that it didn't look like Gabby was breathing. I immediately jumped up- she was laying on the bedroom floor like always on my side of the bed and was gone. She looked like she had just come to bed like every night and went to sleep for the last time- didn't appear there was any struggling...just went to sleep. My wife is devastated- she, along with our male Lab, were her constant companions every day. I am not taking it very well either, but we have the memories that she loved us probably more than we did her if that is even possible. It has been less than 24 hours and I miss my girl so much. I am thankful that she didn't appear to suffer and we didn't have to watch her health fail even more over time and us struggle as to when it was rainbow bridge time. Abby, you will be laying at my feet again in time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gabby1.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	26748118

Name:	gabby3.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	26748119

Good times when Momma came home from PetSmart with a new toy:

Name:	Gabby4.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	26748120

Being a good big sister to our male Lab, Ranger:

Name:	Gabby-Ranger2.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	26748121

Hanging out with another family member:

Name:	Gabby-Blue.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	26748122

Oh boy, we're going to the deer lease:

Name:	Gabby2.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	26748123

Name:	Gab-Ranger1.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	26748124

Give your baby's a hug.

Prayers Up for Y'all.

Comment

Good stuff in those pics. Im glad yall didn't have to watch her suffer . I pray for peace in your home

Comment

I’m Sorry Sir.

Comment

Our heart hurts for you bud. We've gone through it three times. Its the worst. Like you, we always try to remember the great times spent with them. RIP Gabby girl.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss!!!!!

Sounds like Gabby was a good one!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Aww she's a beautiful dog, I'm sure she'll be missed and it looks like she had a great life. My old girl just turned 11 in January. I hope she lives forever.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like she had a good life! Prayers for you and your wife.

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

Comment

I’m very sorry…it’s miserable

Comment

Tough times. You gave her a great life. Hardest pain I ever had was losing mine.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

I dread the day for our current 2.

Comment

My freind, I know the loss well. Too many have I said "good bye" to, but it sure is wonderful to have them in the family. Sorry for you loss.

Comment

What a precious face! I’m sure she’ll be missed terribly and I’m sorry for your loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X