Colorado mule deer tag help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado mule deer tag help

Hey guys and gals, I am trying for the first time this year to try and put in for an out of state mule deer tag. Again I have never done this before so I’m looking for some help. It all seems pretty confusing, as far as what exactly I need to do and how to do it. If I’m correct I still have until April 1 to put in? I’m looking at it now and the choice codes are what I’m stuck on at the moment. I know it all has to do with what I’m hunting, deer and sex and what season a units, but again I want to make sure I’m doing this right. Anyone out there done it before who can help? Also if there is a better place to go with better odds of drawing or cheaper or whatever, please feel free to let me know. Thanks

If you’re serious about going gohunt is a worth while investment. Also Rokslide has a ton of great info as its gear toward western hunting

Comment

Might consider subscribing to one of these services GoHUnt, Huntin Fool, Toprut, Epic

​If you buy an annual subscription to OnX I think they offer a subscription to Huntin Fool

I have used Huntin Fool off and on since 2000, the owners sold a few years ago and started Epic, I have used them a couple years. I apply to a bunch of states every year, I’m not sure it would be worth if only targeting a state or two.

Edit
      I have a basic subscription to OnX, that only includes Texas maps, I use it for much more than hunting. I’ll upgrade to other states if I ever draw again.
      The poster above me mentioned Rokslide, there is lots of good stuff there, but be careful asking about specific unit/game management areas, they get brutal.
      Last edited by Red Letters; 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I have an elite membership for Onx, but only use it when I’m hunting and scouting areas. Ya I’m not into getting involved in a conversation with people over hunting areas, that’s too much for me lol. I’m just looking for help on what to do, how to fill out the choice sections and what seasons, etc….like I said if there are other states that are still open I’ll definitely put in for them too. I’ve never tried to hunt outside of Texas for anything other than whitetail. I’ve never done a draw or lottery type tag so it’s all new to me

Comment

Elite Members get access to Huntin’ Fool’s digital research subscription….that’s off On X’s website. Dig around on Huntin Fool it will tell you everything you want to know

Comment

Colorado game and fish have a video and also a number you can call where a person walks you through the process. Very helpful

Comment

This has all the codes you are looking for: https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Ru...me/biggame.pdf

You’ll need to find a unit that requires zero preference points. Are you bowhunting or rifle hunting?

Comment

Call me and I can walk you thru it. 5129132497

First thing you have to do is add a annual small game license to your cart (W50 is code). It will ask about adding the habitat stamp and click Ok. Then you go to big game and you can enter your hunt codes. If you just going for pref points the code is P 999 99 P
                Last edited by RutnBuk; 03-17-2024, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                  This has all the codes you are looking for: https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Ru...me/biggame.pdf

You’ll need to find a unit that requires zero preference points. Are you bowhunting or rifle hunting?
                  Archery

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                    Call me and I can walk you thru it. 5129132497

First thing you have to do is add an annual small game license to your cart (W50 is code). It will ask about adding the habitat stamp and click Ok. Then you go to big game and you can enter your hunt codes. If you just going for pref points the code is P 999 99 P
                    Good deal, thank you. I will give you a call this week

Comment

YouTube has some step by step videos for CO. Hunting application s

Comment

Take a look at the Wyoming regional deer tags. You got a shot at drawing random while you build points. Lots of people now aren't bothering with points and just applying and hoping to pull a random. Costs almost nothing.

As for the CO codes, it's easy enough once you're going through it. Figure out the unit and the season you want them go through the app process without executing it yet and you'll see. The CPW link above explains everything.

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s help, I think I’ve got it figured out

Comment

Working...
                          X