Catfish are on the bulkheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
    Three and half hours to catch 42 this morning. Chicken liver was the bait of choice, never caught one on shrimp.
    Nice haul! We gonna hit em in the morning!

Comment

Nicely done guys

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

Cast against bulkhead. I like shrimp and chicken livers for bait. Shad works good too.
        When are we going fishing? You have a good place to go near your new ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

When are we going fishing? You have a good place to go near your new ranch?
          Got a couple of the lakes close,but haven't fished them. usually too busy or lazy to fish. LOL!

We'll have to get together sometimes & catch a fish!
          Last edited by DUKFVR; 03-22-2024, 07:33 PM.

Comment

We had 35+ catfish when I lost count. There was 3 of us. Kept a few for my son and cousin. Equal amount caught on shrimp and liver.

Comment

My youngest son and I are headed back from Conroe now. Did pretty well for us. Lost quite a few to line breaks, I guess my line was older than I thought, I dont fish much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                My youngest son and I are headed back from Conroe now. Did pretty well for us. Lost quite a few to line breaks, I guess my line was older than I thought, I dont fish much anymore.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20240323_141728.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	26751498

Ended up with 27, threw 4 back

Pardon the machine shop background....

Comment

Did pretty good this morning as well. Caught a few crappie in the deep brush Friday evening. Click image for larger version

Name:	20240323_130106.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	26751517

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                    We caught all I wanted to fillet today in half day trip. I took a buddy from work that don't have a boat and he had a blast. Pretty sure I seen you in a tracker just south of 1097 by the golf course. I thought it was you but wasn't sure. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240323_173242.jpg
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	26751570

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post

We caught all I wanted to fillet today in half day trip. I took a buddy from work that don't have a boat and he had a blast. Pretty sure I seen you in a tracker just south of 1097 by the golf course. I thought it was you but wasn't sure. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240323_173242.jpg
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	26751570
                      I thought that might have been you in the xpress, but wasnt sure. Been a while since we have talked and it seems like your beard is longer now. I always figure it would be awkward if I drive close to someone to check em out haha. We spent all morning up and down that point.

Comment

nice work all! Planning to hit them Friday morning and have a Good Friday fish fry.

Comment

My daughter wanted to take her boyfriend fishing, so we fought the wind and caught a few. I thought I had the lake record cat, chased it all over the cove. Dang 40 lb carp. Lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

Good times Kurt!
                            A big thumbs up to you on getting them out!

Comment

Gonna give it a Go in the Morning. Hope they are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                                My daughter wanted to take her boyfriend fishing, so we fought the wind and caught a few. I thought I had the lake record cat, chased it all over the cove. Dang 40 lb carp. Lol
                                Wow. That’s a good size carp. I bet it was a fun fight!

Comment

Working...
                                X