Archery Scope Lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery Scope Lenses

I know nothing about them. I’ve recently turned 46 years old and I’m not half the man I used to be as far as my vision is concerned…..my wife may say otherwise. Anyways, I target shoot quite frequently at the house. I’m running a HHA Tetra Max Tournament single pin slider sight with the 1 5/8” housing. This sight calls for their Lens Kit “B”. I do not want to run a clarifier but I am curious about the 2x and 4x lenses. My questions are-

​​​​​​— Do I need to buy the HHA kit or is there a cheaper option out there that will work for my sight?

- I’m assuming anything over a 4x then a clarifier would be needed?!?

- Would it be more beneficial to buy a completely different scope (UV3) to better achieve what I’m wanting?

thanks for the help!!

I personally haven’t used a magnifying scope but just recently had to get glasses because I couldn’t see very well and my shoot suffered.
    The owner of Precision archery suggested using a prescription peep site. It’s helped.
    I went looking for a magnifying lense and he suggested the peep.

Comment

In my experience they are great for target shooting but not hunting. Pretty prawn to fogging up, holding moisture or catching debris while hunting

Comment

catching dirt and sticks makes perfect sense and not something I thought about. My issue is I can see like a hawk past 2 feet but need readers close up. My peep has gotten fuzzy but I can see the pin just fine. After reflecting on a misshap this year Im not sure thats what caused it. Low light and early/late shot in a ground blind didnt help Im sure.

Comment

I am in the same boat. Everything is just a little fuzzy. I don't think I am bad enough for hunting, but target shooting is a struggle.

Comment

I’ve worn glasses since I was 16 years old so I know that anything with a lens comes with it’s on set of problems.

Comment

OP, I just ordered the TruGlo lens kit for $34. It comes with x2 glass. You can get it from Amazon and if it doesn't screw on you have 30 days to return it.

Comment

Lots of valuable feedback. Looks like I need to start trying something different. I have vision like a hawk past 2-3’ from my face.

Comment

Working...
                X