No announcement yet.

Would you fly Boeing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. I've flow on a Boing jet seven times in the last 2 weeks. Given the number of daily flights around the world, what you see on the news isn't significant, just good headlines.

Comment

Of all the **** worth worrying about in this world, airplanes don't make the list. Morons whose moron parents "taught" them to drive, are a far larger problem. I can't imagine being a grown man/woman, and being scared to fly, that's like not knowing how to swim, or being a vegan. All signs of stupidity.

I don't fly often, but when I do I just appreciate that I don't have to drive, and order a strong drink. I'd order the pilot one too, if it makes him feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

Clowning again I see. Do you live under a rock??
        Theres a big world out here. A lot going on..
        He for sure didn't kill himself, just like Epstein.

However, I'll still fly boeing, if the plane goes down it's God's decision not some guy working on the assembly line. When it's my time to go it's my time, no use stressing over it. I'll be on a boeing 737 at 8:45 tonight

Comment

Some interesting statistics:

In 2022, U.S. airlines carried 853 million passengers.
          Also in 2022, there were 229 fatalities due to plane crashes GLOBALLY.

This means in 2022, you would have had a 0.00003% chance to die in a plane crash if you flew once. This is obviously a conservative estimate since I used the global plane crash death rate.

In 2021, the fatal car crash rate was around 1.5 deaths per 100 million miles driven (don't ask how they calculate this, I don't know).
          If you drove 10,000 miles in 2021, you would have had a 0.015% chance to die in a car accident.

With these numbers, you are 500 times more likely to die in a car accident driving 10,000 miles per year than one flight.

Comment

I have never had an issue flying. How do any of you guys/gals travel without flying. Places like Alaska would take over a week to drive to. Add another week to get home. I prefer to fly over sharing the road with distracted drivers everywhere

Comment

I think I said somewhere up in there that this thread was tongue in cheek, but responses have been from if you don’t fly you’re stupid, to if you don’t fly you’re a fraidy cat. I know, believe me, that the highways are way more dangerous than flying, I see it every time I get out there. Some of the drivers I see couldn’t drive a peg up a dead goat’s azz ! I, on the other hand, am just like Rain Man, I’m an excellent driver ! Boeing has just been in the news a lot and they’re easy to pick on ! That’s all……

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I think I said somewhere up in there that this thread was tongue in cheek, but responses have been from if you don’t fly you’re stupid, to if you don’t fly you’re a fraidy cat. I know, believe me, that the highways are way more dangerous than flying, I see it every time I get out there. Some of the drivers I see couldn’t drive a peg up a dead goat’s azz ! I, on the other hand, am just like Rain Man, I’m an excellent driver ! Boeing has just been in the news a lot and they’re easy to pick on ! That’s all……
                A sense of humor is just lost on some folks! Where are the jokes about the Boing Mile High Club? Where are the snarky memes? Geez, people...

Comment

Every single one of those points was on a Boeing 737. That said, still get the heebie jeebies every now and then when passing through wind and weather!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	26748624

Comment

Working...
                  X