Electronic in ear...Ear protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic in ear...Ear protection

For years I have been wearing the ear muffs the over your head tight to the ear pillows and they have worked fine when shooting. Now with so many options of, in the ear electronic gizmos. I feel I deserve a decent pair that that I do not have to take off when someone speaks to you or when you back off the shooting line for others to shoot.
    To be clear, they hide loud noises and amplify low noise like speaking and maybe even branches breaking when that monster buck come walking through.
    While price/performance is a factor. I do not need to hear a faucet dripping in Oregon. I want to buy a pair but do not know really what I need.
    Any advice in this category is appreciated.

imho, best in the business

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      imho, best in the business

https://www.theaudioprotectionsco.com
      Went to their website. Way too cool.

Comment

I have a pair of Axil and really like them. Comfortable and can hear conversations while dove hunting. My only complaint is if it is windy you do get some wind noise.

Comment

I use the Axil GS Extreme 2. I’ve been very pleased with their performance and fit. I’ve use them when pistol shooting and hunting.

Comment

I bought the the walkers last year. I used them while squirrel hunting. They worked great. I also used them during rifle season. One day I was sitting in the standing, I could here the timber company cutting a long way off. As soon as I pulled them out I couldn't here it anymore. As pleased as I have been with the walkers, I'm going to try the axil just to compare the two.

Comment

Axil are nice. Think they are running a sale online

Comment

Sordin supremes. Not in-ear; but most comfortable, best sound quality, most amplification. Undoubtly,the best shooting protection out there!!

Comment

If using a rifle, a suppressor is my go to ‘hearing protection’.

Comment

I have a pair of the Axil GS extreme, work great but they are not wireless and I’ve ruined 2 pair hanging the wire on something and shorting out one side or the other.

moved to their wireless version this year and very pleased. Battery life is the only downside. On an all day pheasant hunt I would red to recharge them by lunch and they would be practically dead by end of day/4pm

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      If using a rifle, a suppressor is my go to ‘hearing protection’.
                      The rifles I’ve shot suppressed , other then sub sonic or 22 rimfire. We Still wear hearing protection.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post

The rifles I’ve shot suppressed , other then sub sonic or 22 rimfire. We Still wear hearing protection.
                        My Ruger Predator 308 is absolutely fine suppressed, shooting super sonic,
                        without hearing protection. My neighbor gave me some Seismic subsonic and they were dang near movie quite. Now if I can get a pig to stop at 50 yards in the brush we are set to go, without having a dope chart.

Comment

Definitely on the higher end price wise, but look at Tetra, they are top of the line hearing protection. I found them 4 years ago at the DU Expo and tried them on the gun range, and was amazed at how well they worked. They only block out the harmful noise so you can still hear other things while shooting. They customize each pair to your specific ears and hearing range.

Comment

Working...
                          X