New Facebook Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpack View Post
    A guy showed up at my cousin's house yesterday in Weatherford to buy their cows that he bought off of FB. He had their address and a picture of the cows. He gave the guy a deposit but when he showed up, the guy had taken down the FB posting. People just need to be smarter when they buy **** off of the internet.
    We’re in Weatherford and had the exact thing happen to us a couple months ago. Weird deal, I felt bad for the guy. I reported it to the sheriffs department and cattle raisers association.

Comment

Dang, I need that side by side!!!

Comment

How many campers for $2000

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
          Never pay a deposit.
          and like Cheech told Chong.....DON'T TAKE A CHECK!

Originally posted by CP121 View Post
          We’re in Weatherford and had the exact thing happen to us a couple months ago. Weird deal, I felt bad for the guy. I reported it to the sheriffs department and cattle raisers association.
          sadly you would think that someone that has the ability to own enough land to have cattle on and to raise cattle would have the common sense to know that you are not just going to send some money to someone on facebook (of all places) and then show up to a random place to just "pick up your cattle"......unless of course you like staring down the barrel of a gun potentially

the way things are these days I would have to wonder of saying "well I bought them on facebook" is not just the new excuse for in the middle of the day cattle thieves to have an excuse to be out and about sniffing around others property with a cattle trailer hitched up

I might not have thought about it at the time, but thinking about it now grabbing a detailed description of the "victim" of the scam (really just a dunce if one is honest about it) and their license plate, truck, and trailer or better yet some pictures of all of them and turning them in would probably help......if the same guy or the same truck and trailer is turning up to random properties that seem to have cattle on them without an owner close by....well they are probably up to something

Comment

That deposit scam is pretty popular so they must be making alot of money off people falling for it. Texas gun trader is filled with people doing that. They post up a pic of a nice gun at a great price and when you contact them they say to send them a $50 deposit and they will mark it sold and meet you to pick it up. When I say no I'll meet you right now and pay cash they quit messaging.

Comment

Working...
            X