Alaskan best hunt question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaskan best hunt question?

A couple years ago somebody posted about a bear hunt out of Alaska that you charter a boat with living quarters, and they drop you off on shore each morning for your days hunt. Anybody have a link to the thread or charter service? I thought I had it saved.

I have done it, you can PM me for details.

Comment

This sounds like a trip of a lifetime. In for details.

Comment

Was just about to book one for Sitka blacktails then they changed the limit to one for nonresidents. Bad timing for me, bear does sound good though

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Was just about to book one for Sitka blacktails then they changed the limit to one for nonresidents. Bad timing for me, bear does sound good though
          That’s no bueno. We saw a ton of them while bear hunting.

Comment

What type of bear you talking? Brown, grizzly or black? I did a lodge based boat hunt for brown bear on Afognak island and it was epic. I have another brown bear hunt booked in 2026. It is straight boat based with Alaskan Raven Guides.

Comment

Alaska Brown / Grizzly archery bear is next on my list after Africa. Seeking info as well. Watching

Comment

Originally posted by Lampasas View Post
                I have done it, you can PM me for details.
                I found the charter service I was looking for. Would love to hear about your experiences though.

Ninilchik Charters is who I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                  What type of bear you talking? Brown, grizzly or black? I did a lodge based boat hunt for brown bear on Afognak island and it was epic. I have another brown bear hunt booked in 2026. It is straight boat based with Alaskan Raven Guides.
                  Black Bear is what I’d be after since I’m looking for DIY. One day I’ll pony up the cash for a guided brown or Grizz hunt up there. It’s a bucket list hunt for me for sure.

Comment

Used Homer Ocean but it was a while back. Here is my hunt story...

Comment

If I was paying a service to hunt black bears in AK, no way would I do a boat based hunt unless I planned on hiking up to kill a bear in the alpine. They taste way too dang good to waste your money on a bear down around the salt. There’s so many bears up here, they’re about like whitetails in Texas, be picky in what kind of bear you want unless you’re just set on killing a bear while staying in a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                        If I was paying a service to hunt black bears in AK, no way would I do a boat based hunt unless I planned on hiking up to kill a bear in the alpine. They taste way too dang good to waste your money on a bear down around the salt. There’s so many bears up here, they’re about like whitetails in Texas, be picky in what kind of bear you want unless you’re just set on killing a bear while staying in a boat.
                        Honestly I couldn’t care less about actually killing a bear. If the right opportunity presents itself I’ll definitely shoot. However I just want an excuse to head north, and the ability to halibut fish the same day is enticing.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

Honestly I couldn’t care less about actually killing a bear. If the right opportunity presents itself I’ll definitely shoot. However I just want an excuse to head north, and the ability to halibut fish the same day is enticing.
                          This sounds like a great trip.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

Forget them halibut and target ling cod and rock bass. Also, put prawn pods out.

Comment

Working...
                            X