Shipping Container AC Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Container AC Question

So the wife and I are trying to finish out a sea container for a cabin. The plan is to use a window unit AC in there. My question is where would be the best place to mount/install the window unit AC? In the middle blowing perpendicular to the length of the container or on one of the ends blowing through the length of the container??

The ends blowing through would get my vote. You didn't say how big of a container either.

Comment

If your aren’t having full divider walls I would put it at one end.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
        The ends blowing through would get my vote. You didn't say how big of a container either.
        High cube 40ft x 8ft x 9.5ft

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
          If your aren’t having full divider walls I would put it at one end.
          There will be a closed off bathroom

Comment

end to end still gets my vote. Nothing you can do about a closed off end except another unit.
            t

Comment

My suggestion is to build a 4 ft porch inside one end. Frame in door with ac above door. Add a window and transom window next to door for natural light.
              Porch is great area to take off boots, etc. and hang coats and other items on wall.
              if you insulate well, the one ac unit blowing end to end is sufficient.
              ​​

Comment

Front view

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                  Front view
                  I liked that idea just not sure the Mrs cares for it lol.

Comment

Really like the porch idea, but not sure about the a/c being there, dripping on your head and porch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                      Really like the porch idea, but not sure about the a/c being there, dripping on your head and porch.
                      Have not had that issue in 3 yrs use

Quality unit and keep filter clean

Most people don't know there is a filter that needs cleaning frequently

Comment

So mounting the AC in the short wall or end of the container is what just sound right to me. Blowing air all the way across the open space. What I have been reading on discusses the wall mount ac units or split units whatever they are called and from what I gather its best to place them high on the wall 7ish foot and in the middle of the longer side of the room. So centered up high on the 40ft length side of the container out of direct sunlight. Still doesn't sound right to me but I ain't no AC guy hahaha

Comment

Working...
                        X