Willie Nelson to release his 75th solo album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I would have to say this is peak Willie.

https://youtu.be/x8A9Y1Dq_cQ?si=Uuqoc06Z_Sb6CyGV
    One of my favorites for sure.

Comment

That's just the way it is these days. Looking back on what got us here I don't think conservatives are the ones that made it this way. Trump Derrangement Syndrome did. Turnabout is fair play.
      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 03-17-2024, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

But the big difference is at one time Earl COULD actually run…😂🤣🫵
        Love it.

Comment

For the record, I like some of Willie's old music...Kid Rock not so much. Lol.

Comment

Full confession… I do have one Willy album. Readheaded Stranger. The portion that is Blue eyes crying in the rain has a special meaning to me. It’s a very interesting album to me in that it only has 2”songs” on it, Side A and side B on the LP version.

Comment

I used to run around every year irrigating cotton and corn as fast as I could for a month, day and night, so I could be done before the 4th of July picnic. I never went for music but it was a party back then. Remember the great idea of Carls Corner out in the field with only one little tree in that sun? 10 dumbazzes showed up and I was one of them. That was the only bad one. The one that got 4 inches of rain turned into a great beer party. How he sings? What do u even care about that for? I drank 500 dollars of beer at one of them. Or I dropped my money in the mudd. I also bought my buddy lots of beer. I was over served. I have watched him talk through whole shows rushing songs and I did the same thing. (Beer) I sat with his harmonica player at a Austin City Limits show where he introduced new talent in many styles of new music or just more new old blues. When I was a kid I refused to go to his parties cause I was busy making Rush & Van Halen famous I didn’t know the party I was missing

Comment

7 Spanish Angels
                Pancho and Lefty
                Living in the promise land
                Blue eyes crying in the rain
                Crazy
                Good hearted woman
                Georgia on my mind
                Angel flying too close to the ground
                My heroes have always been cowboys
                Always on my mind

These are all good songs.
                He has plenty more good ones as well.

No he’s not a good singer, but he got the most out of what talent he did have.

I agree with those that say he hasn’t been good in concert in at least 20 years probably longer. People still go see him just to say they did.

Like him or not he’s a living legend.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  7 Spanish Angels
                  Pancho and Lefty
                  Living in the promise land
                  Blue eyes crying in the rain
                  Crazy
                  Good hearted woman
                  Georgia on my mind
                  Angel flying too close to the ground
                  My heroes have always been cowboys
                  Always on my mind

These are all good songs.
                  He has plenty more good ones as well.

No he’s not a good singer, but he got the most out of what talent he did have.

I agree with those that say he hasn’t been good in concert in at least 20 years probably longer. People still go see him just to say they did.

Like him or not he’s a living legend.
                  Pancho and lefty is a Townes van Zandt song. Townes was probably also a democrat and for sure a smelly pot head, but he's the greatest song writer in Texas history
                  Last edited by Calrob; 03-17-2024, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

Pancho and lefty is a Townes van Zandt song. Townes was probably also a democrat and for sure a smelly pot head, but he's the greatest song writer in Texas history
                    Willie and Merle sang it better than Townes.

Comment

Of all the times those two sang it, they never got into the same area code of TVZ.

Comment

Good to see you back AC!!

Ironically this came across the other day...good song writers should be equally appreciated as the entertainers who get them out to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Good to see you back AC!!

Ironically this came across the other day...good song writers should be equally appreciated as the entertainers who get them out to the fans.

That entire show is great, not just his part.

Comment

Agreed… Greatness! Really like their version
                            Last edited by Smart; 03-17-2024, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Someone on here took their first hit while hanging out with Willie. I won’t dox them, but that’s a great story to take to the end.

Comment

Seen him and Merle at the Rodeo in the Astrodome many years ago. Merle was first and he was horrible, then Willie came on and I think we stayed for 3 songs then had enough and left. They were both out of tune and out of sync.
                                My wife got tickets to the Rodeo the year they shut down for the Pandemic. I warned her that he was going to disappoint her, but he was on her Bucket list. His son sang a bunch of songs and he was very good and salvaged the concert for her.
                                The worst person I seen live (when he actually showed) was Gary Stewart. He No-Showed the first 2 times we tried to see him and was Drunk and got Drunker through the concert when he did finally show.

Comment

Working...
                                X