Skeeter Bay Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skeeter Bay Boat

I have the opportunity to buy a Skeeter 200 SX, boat is in really good shape, low hours, and always kept in a barn. I don’t know much about em, any advice? Good boat? Suggestions on things to look for?

Great boat IMO.

Comment

What’s your intended use for it? Fresh water or bay? I’m assuming mostly Baffin if you’re down in Riviera?

Comment

Very well built boats. Check the normal stuff like compression on the motor, floor for soft spots and inspect the hull for chips/cracks. If it's low hours and garage kept as you say you probably don't have much to worry about.

Comment

I live 6 miles from Baffin, so I’m sure we will use it a bit in the bay. But I would also like to be able to take it to the lake and maybe pull the kids on a tube. Sightseeing around Corpus as well. I’m pretty fortunate and get to fish a bunch with customers, but have two young children, that I think would get a kick out of boating in general.

Comment

If in good shape, they are a great boat. Not super shallow running, so of course got to be careful in Baffin/ULM. But plenty of accessible places in that boat. Great lake boat as well. Nice freeboard so you don't have to worry about the little ones going overboard so easily. Good luck.

Comment

I have no experience with this particular boat BUT I will say my dad used to have a 22’ blue wave (similar design to what you’re looking at) and that was still one of the most useful boats I’ve been around. It wasn’t spectacular for any one thing but it was plenty good to fish the bay one day and then spend all day pulling a tube/ski/kneeboard the next day at the lake. Tons of great memories on that boat.

Comment

I ran one for 3 years when I guided. Solid boat that will get up fairly shallow and will take a decent size chop. I ran a 22’ so it may have handled a little better than the 20. They are heavy, but solid.

Comment

Do it!

Comment

I have a buddy with the Skeeter 230, we have fished it deep and we have fished shallow marshes out of it..

Great boat

What motor is on the boat you are looking at?

Comment

A 2014 150 Yamaha, only 70 hours. I went and looked at the boat this morning, very clean, has some of that stick on sea deck stuff, but I’m not a big fan of, but other than that great looking boat. We are going to test drive tomorrow, if all goes well, I will buy it. Any ideas on how to get the sticky sea deck stuff off? Any idea what’s a fair price?

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                        A 2014 150 Yamaha, only 70 hours. I went and looked at the boat this morning, very clean, has some of that stick on sea deck stuff, but I’m not a big fan of, but other than that great looking boat. We are going to test drive tomorrow, if all goes well, I will buy it. Any ideas on how to get the sticky sea deck stuff off? Any idea what’s a fair price?
                        Any electronics, or a trolling motor? How old are the batteries? Sounds like a nice boat. I hope the gas isn't really old, I'd only run ethanol free gas.

Comment

Fuel was drained, barn kept, Lawrence gps and fish finder, minn kota trolling, nice sound system.

Comment

Can any of you boat guys give me an idea of fair price? Not a ton of comparables on the interweb.

Comment

Its all about the motor at this point......

Comment

Working...
                              X