Weirdest critter.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weirdest critter.....

You've ever seen in Texas? Or Oklahoma for that matter or wherever. The post about the tiger had me believing it a little bit. Maybe even a lot for an hour or two. Yeah I know, I'm a dumb butt. That's not news to anybody, even me.

But to be fair there's everything in Texas and we all know what Tiger King is so it was a plausible story. From wild monkeys to kangaroos y'all have it. Everything is running loose in Texas. If you think you saw something wild and crazy but ain't 100% sure then that's okay too. Go ahead and tell about it. I won't call you a liar. Even if you didn't see it we'll always think you should have.

It's kinda fun to even trick yourself into thinking something is there just to scare yourself. I like to do that while I'm huntin or walking back to my vehicle in the dark. It adds some excitement to your life every now and then. So lets hear some cool stories.

Comment

I was driving down a county road late one night near Seymour and as I went around a curve, there in my headlights maybe 50 yards across the fence stood what I swore was a camel. I turned around and went back to see if I really saw what I thought I saw but it was gone. I didn’t tell anyone and convinced myself it must have been my eyes playing tricks on me. I later found out that a rancher around there indeed had several camels on his place for some reason. Nice to know I wasn’t hallucinating

Comment

I remember the first time I really ever hunted in Texas. My buddies and I had been up for 24 hours shootin hogs so I was dragging butt tired. I fell asleep in the back seat and when I opened my eyes I see Zebras out in the field we were driving by. Talk about feeling like I had lost my marbles. Almost felt like waking up in a dream. I thought I was either dreaming or we time traveled to a different country.

I remember asking my buddies "where are we?" I must've sounded confused because they started laughing. I was so tired I felt like maybe I was hallucinating.
        Last edited by okrattler; 03-13-2024, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Strangest things I have seen were not so much the animals I saw, but WHERE I saw them... Killed both with my bow too! In Del Rio, Texas I saw a beaver and a Wood Duck Drake! Just seemed real out of place to see animals associated with big timber in Del Rio!

Comment

I can’t remember anything too unusual but have seen animals in some strange places and witnessed some strange behaviors. I saw a potbellied pig in the middle of town trying to mate with a traffic cone one time. Also found a box turtle in town when they started building houses on the edge of town. I had no idea we had them around here.

Comment

Well, I was married to Bigfoot’s sister for 16 years……….

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I was driving down a county road late one night near Seymour and as I went around a curve, there in my headlights maybe 50 yards across the fence stood what I swore was a camel. I turned around and went back to see if I really saw what I thought I saw but it was gone. I didn’t tell anyone and convinced myself it must have been my eyes playing tricks on me. I later found out that a rancher around there indeed had several camels on his place for some reason. Nice to know I wasn’t hallucinating
                I’ve seen a few camel toes in TX.

Comment

4X4 Bull Elk north of Rankin

Comment

Had about a 2000 lb Brahma bull hitting out feeders for a couple of days a few years ago. This was low fence, deep east Texas, not some cattle ranch.

Comment

Back in the 92, while bowhunting hunting a water hole in early October, just north of Quemado Tx, I saw the one and only Jaguarundi I’ve ever seen and most likely the only one I ever will see. I saw it 2 evening hunts in a row. Such a cool critter and I was very blessed to see it..

Comment

haha. saw one on a ranch north of Camp Wood. Had to turn around and get another look. just moseying across the pasture. Another ranch had giraffes too. Why? who knows, guess someone liked them

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                          Back in the 92, while bowhunting hunting a water hole in early October, just north of Quemado Tx, I saw the one and only Jaguarundi I’ve ever seen and most likely the only one I ever will see. I saw it 2 evening hunts in a row. Such a cool critter and I was very blessed to see it..
                          We dove hunted a place in Eagle pass for many years! not sure but a few years back the owner told us not to shoot the cat looking animal he called a Jaguarundi! Low and behold where me and my buddys dad parked we were sitting at the truck in the evening talking and the cat walked out maybe 30 yqards looked at us and kept walking. Also blessed I saw one very cool animal.

Comment

Hunting recently the ranch owner said she had some exotic running around. She thought it was a young Nilgai, a long way from Nilgai country. Well, the other morning after a disappointing hog hunt in the river bottoms I was driving out and something runs out across the pasture in front of me. It was dark and small but in an open pasture there is no size reference really to get a good concept. I got close to where it went into the woods and i took off after it and after about 30 minutes found no sign of it. Still not sure, maybe a blackbuck but not positive.

Comment

There’s a place in Flower Mound that has a load of giraffe and camel. Boy are they tall and the fencing was too.

Comment

Working...
                              X