Cooking Sirloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Sirloin

How do you guys do it? 40 years ago we broiled them under the oven. Been long time since I had one. Yalls method???

Sirloin is ****ed good over mesquite coals, seasoned to your liking at no more than Medium Rare.

Comment

Its a steak so it either goes on hot mesquite coals or hot cast iron / Blackstone.

Comment

Marinade and grill is my method usually. Ive even souvide then grill seems to be a good option also.

Comment

Your inlaws must be visiting

Comment

Ha..... Just going down memory lane

Comment

Sirloin gets a bad wrap because most people over cook it. Like said above don't go past medium-rare. Grill or pan sear hot and fast.

Comment

On the charcoal grill, 5.5 to 6 min per side (depending on thickness) for a medium rare steak.

Comment

The best way to fix a sirloin steak is to buy a ribeye and cook it rare to medium-rare.

Comment

Sirloin has its own unique flavor I like. Nothing wrong with this if the price is right. As mentioned, Little salt and pepper and don’t over cook it.
                    I like pecan coals or mesquite coals myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      The best way to fix a sirloin steak is to buy a ribeye and cook it rare to medium-rare.
                      This. I like reverse sear method to about 130-135 internal. Salt pepper only, or I like to use a ‘Texas’ seasoning blend now days. Best I have found is Uvalde Meat Market. TexJoy ‘ Texas’ will work in a once.

Comment

Step one is tenderize it with one of these… I ran a steakhouse for many years and sirloin was our top seller due this type of gadge on a bigger scale.
                        Attached Files

Comment

If I have to eat one it’s smothered in butter blue cheese, trinity seasoning medium rare

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                            Step one is tenderize it with one of these… I ran a steakhouse for many years and sirloin was our top seller due this type of gadge on a bigger scale.
                            While I also agree that a good sirloin can be made better by a bit of mechanical tenderizing, did you not find the texture a little bit off putting?

Comment

Sous vide and your choice of searing.

Comment

Working...
                              X