No announcement yet.

Nueces River trip #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job again this year Tim. This thread is always enjoyable to keep up with.

Comment

Well Tim, you certainly caught enough good fish to fill the freezer if you'd wanted to. Don't look like a bad trip to me! I'd say you did a pretty good job in tough conditions! Same thing happens in our rivers here in East Texas... They get low with little to no current (especially the ones with lakes on them). Those ops especially will just lay along the steep banks and not move around much... But man if you time it right and get there when the river starts to rise rapidly, it can be a real rodeo!!
      Anyway, thanks for taking us along!

Comment

One day it will rain and there will be a flood coming in to Buchanan and I can fish this river for catfish again. Been years and years.

Maybe next year you can come hang out with us Charlie. Need to make it a TBH catfishing party. I have the gar dialed in pretty good if anyone has never tried landing one over 100# it's a real neat experience. We do catch and release though on them unless one dies.

I need recipes for alligator gar BTW

Comment

Tim, how is the water at CB state park ? may take my kayak up there some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            Tim, how is the water at CB state park ? may take my kayak up there some day.
            Super low. May be too far to even drag a kayak.

Comment

Looked like a great time

Comment

Thanks for sharing! It's been a lot of fun following along on the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                  Wish I could make it out this weekend. But too much stuff going on.
                  Will you be out next weekend? Might be able to make it then.
                  If you do decide to hit the river let me know, I'll make the drive. Going to really start fishing this relevant. Need to get some fillets in the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    One day it will rain and there will be a flood coming in to Buchanan and I can fish this river for catfish again. Been years and years.

Maybe next year you can come hang out with us Charlie. Need to make it a TBH catfishing party. I have the gar dialed in pretty good if anyone has never tried landing one over 100# it's a real neat experience. We do catch and release though on them unless one dies.

I need recipes for alligator gar BTW

That flood can't come soon enough. We lucked out last year and fished Memorial Day weekend at Barefoot when the river came on a rise. The yellows were definitely moving. I think we caught five with the biggest going around 30lbs, plus some channels and blues with only about 10 hooks out.

Comment

Working...
                    X