Clone chainsaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone chainsaws

Has anyone tried any of the chinese clone saws on farmertec.com? I've seen good reviews on the Husky 372XP clones. I have some pretty big trees that didn't survive last summers drought and I'm not looking to spend 1800 for a pro saw.

Brilliant plan, cut out the American middle man, use the Chinese middle man.

no complaining about the US economy or folks losing jobs…

sorry this hits a nerve. I work in a Chinese dominated manufacturing space and regularly have to compete with my own factory selling direct under a different label.

Comment

Sounds like you need one for quite a bit of work. I'd bite the bullet and get a Stihl or Echo. My daughter has an Echo 590 and it a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Brilliant plan, cut out the American middle man, use the Chinese middle man.

no complaining about the US economy or folks losing jobs…

sorry this hits a nerve. I work in a Chinese dominated manufacturing space and regularly have to compete with my own factory selling direct under a different label.
        Here we go, but yet you'll use a chinese made cell phone, components in your vehicle, and whatever else. Last I checked Stihl and Echo weren't American owned companies. If you want to cry about global trade go create your thread instead of using mine.

Comment

Man I have no problem trying knock offs in many things I mean who cares if a kids 4 wheeler craps out. However I don't want to be 3/4 of the way through a big pine or oak and the saw crap out. Now that cheap saw has created a safety issue. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I have an Echo CS 590 listed in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
              Man I have no problem trying knock offs in many things I mean who cares if a kids 4 wheeler craps out. However I don't want to be 3/4 of the way through a big pine or oak and the saw crap out. Now that cheap saw has created a safety issue. Just my 2 cents.
              Do some research on them, they have a big following, especially for the guys that mod or want to try their hand at porting a saw.

Comment

A chain saw is one of those things in life that I just havn't found any value in owning a cheap one of. At the end of the day they aren't that expensive, and when you need one, you NEED one to work.

Then again, I have no interest in working on a chain saw.

Comment

Buy some thing you can work with, not on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    A chain saw is one of those things in life that I just havn't found any value in owning a cheap one of. At the end of the day they aren't that expensive, and when you need one, you NEED one to work.

Then again, I have no interest in working on a chain saw.
                    I second this, I'll try a knockoff on a lot of things but this is one category I'd rather buy once cry once because when I've needed mine I've needed it to work and didn't have time to mess with it. If I buy a product knowing I have to mod it and make improvements, why am I buying that product and not the one that I can run off the shelf since after the mods it'll be the same cost

Comment

Stihl

Comment

Ain't nothin like yanking on a starter rope for 20 minutes trying to get a pos saw running.

Comment

Chainsaws aside, I am not sure I would trust the website. Haha.

Kind a of weird website.

J

Comment

I bought a one a few years back.
                            It was a stihl 200 replica climbing saw. I modified the exhaust and air flow. It worked fine.
                            I sold it to a tree climber.

Comment

Lol..
                              “Assembled in the USA” doesn’t mean it’s a product of the USA. There isn’t in gasoline or diesel operated anything that uses 100% made in the USA components anymore.
                              Those days are long gone. So be patriotic in other ways!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X