Wifi security cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi security cameras

Any info would be good on pros and cons what you like and hate.

Looking for something very user friendly. Not really sure i want anything recordable or whatever. Just something i could jump on to check the status of who is around my barns house etc. Yard guy is working or whatever else.

Preferably something waterproof that could be stuck up on corner of house or barn. that will pick up wifi.

These have worked surprisingly well for us.

NoahTec 2K Light Bulb Security Cameras Wireless Outdoor - 2.4G&5GHz 2PCS WiFi Security Camera 360° Motion Detection Cameras for Home Security Indoor Outside,Color Night Vision [amazon]

Comment

Reo link. I’m using one as a game cam. Love it

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
        Reo link. I’m using one as a game cam. Love it
        Have to agree. I'm over two hours from home right now and can look at what is going on right now. Micro SD slot on mine but you don't have to put the card in unless you want to play back.

Comment

I have a reo link . Works pretty good . For some reason here lately it hasn’t been sending me notifications.

Comment

We have a Blink System. Inside cameras are plug in type, and outsides are battery. They all connect to the same app and send motion alerts and have cloud backup included with them.

Comment

So these are called WI-Fi cameras so how do they operate from a distance?
              I would like to put one on my front gate but it’s a hundred yards away and my WI-FI doesn’t reach that far.

Comment

We recently got blink cameras. I did no research at all so I don't know if they compare to all the other popular brands. But I've got five cameras running. I couldn't quite stretch the distance to put one on my closest hog feeder. But I've got one on each Garden area, one on my gate, one on my chickens/rabbits, another halfway down my long driveway. Seem to be working great. You don't have to pay for the cloud service, but it goes to a flashdrive if u don't. I think it's around 10 bucks a month for unlimited amount of cameras for the cloud storage.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  So these are called WI-Fi cameras so how do they operate from a distance?
                  I would like to put one on my front gate but it’s a hundred yards away and my WI-FI doesn’t reach that far.
                  You would probably have to buy a mesh node / Wi-Fi extender. Put it somewhere protected between your main Wi-Fi and the gate. We have four mesh nodes for our star link wi-fi. It gives us a very large range.

Comment

I have Blink, 3 at the main home on wi-fi and 5 at place in the country on a dedicated hotspot. No problems to speak of. The cloud is $ 10 a month for up to 10 cameras.

Comment

I have a few of these. They are cheap and have a solar panel that has been flawless. You can pan and tilt them as well. Very reasonably priced on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

You would probably have to buy a mesh node / Wi-Fi extender. Put it somewhere protected between your main Wi-Fi and the gate. We have four mesh nodes for our star link wi-fi. It gives us a very large range.
                        Thanks Bobby.

Comment

If you don't want to go mesh on your wifi, try Riolink Go PT Plus. Uses a sim card like you cell phone. $90 per year unlimited. I have two of these at the farm and have been running them a couple years.

Comment

My sister runs the Blink cameras, I'm impressed enough that I'm going to give them .

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                              If you don't want to go mesh on your wifi, try Riolink Go PT Plus. Uses a sim card like you cell phone. $90 per year unlimited. I have two of these at the farm and have been running them a couple years.
                              This is what i've had for a couple of years. I pay $72/year. Never had a problem with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X