No announcement yet.

Open spot!! Helicopter Pig Killing 3/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent customers on a helicopter hog hunt once just north of SA and they were very disappointed. 1.5 hours of flight time and one pig. I think I paid $1600/person. Never again. 2 customers never fired.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
      I sent customers on a helicopter hog hunt once just north of SA and they were very disappointed. 1.5 hours of flight time and one pig. I think I paid $1600/person. Never again. 2 customers never fired.
      That's pretty frustrating.

whats funny is that they talk a big game too.

"oh they're a huge problem for these farmers"
      "it's getting really bad"
      "Now's a great time because they just planted"
      "we make no impact on the numbers"

etc etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post

etc etc etc etc
        The hog population in certain areas of this state is in severe decline.
        I hunt several properties here on the coast that in the last 20+ years you could kill a pig on any given day, at a feeder, up until the last 2 years. Now they are all but gone, even at corn feeders. And some of these properties border federal refuge that allow no hunting. I’m not complaining, just stating facts. I haven’t had a pic of a hog in almost a year.
        I’m hearing the same from many hunters that I personally know.
        Last edited by PondPopper; 03-06-2024, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

I hunt several properties here on the coast that in the last 20+ years you could kill a pig on any given day, at a feeder, up until the last 2 years. Now they are all but gone, even at corn feeders. And some of these properties border federal refuge that allow no hunting. I’m not complaining, just stating facts. I haven’t had a pic of a hog in almost a year.
          That's a fact. I'm not sure what's going on. We still have hogs but they are well under control compared to 5 years ago .

Comment

Hogs on the decline LOL
            But TBH has always railroaded me saying if you don't have pigs you will soon! And they will over run your ranch etc etc... You two should chime in on the next Hogs taking over Texas debate.

Back on track. At least Chuy gets a free make up hunt. Maybe specifically ask for a place or best time to hit fields first?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

That's a fact. I'm not sure what's going on. We still have hogs but they are well under control compared to 5 years ago .
              I know truck loads of guys around here using thermals on rifles these days, and some are even using thermals mounted on drones to locate sounders. 5 years ago it was just a handful of guys. There is no doubt they are doing serious damage to the hog population.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

Maybe so, but we never had pigs on our property until about 2-3 years ago. Now in certain areas it looks like someone ran over the property with a plow.
                This is in the Menard/Brady area.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post

Maybe so, but we never had pigs on our property until about 2-3 years ago. Now in certain areas it looks like someone ran over the property with a plow.
                  This is in the Menard/Brady area.
                  That’s what I hear. The crazy part to that is I’ve been leasing the same property, 10 miles west of Brady, for 25 years. We have never seen a hog on our place and we feed heavy and run cameras year around.
                  Now just 2-3 miles west of us they are covered up. Go figure.

Comment

After about 45 minutes I would have just asked him to go land at a bar

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      After about 45 minutes I would have just asked him to go land at a bar
                      So spending $2000 wasn’t enough??
                      Now we know who has the big money!!!

Comment

etc etc etc etc
                        Don’t know if you ever mentioned the outfit, but was it G&T Outfitters?

I see them on the schedule to rent the R44 from the place here in Temple that I rent Cessnas from.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post

Don’t know if you ever mentioned the outfit, but was it G&T Outfitters?

I see them on the schedule to rent the R44 from the place here in Temple that I rent Cessnas from.
                          No it wasn't them. I don't want to bash them just yet since they are going to give us another shot at it.

Comment

No it wasn't them. I don't want to bash them just yet since they are going to give us another shot at it.
                            You can always come back and give them a positive review after they redeem themselves.

Comment

Good call.

Comment

I was more generally curious, but agree that at this point naming them would essentially be bashing them.

Comment

Working...
                                X