Vehicle insurance prices??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle insurance prices??

Anyone know why vehicle insurance is going so high? I’m with GEICO currently and they were cheaper than Progressive. It don’t funny no more, insurance is a King Rancg truck payment now

Start searching and swapping insurance every year. Rates are stupid right now.

I and majority of my friends and family use goosehead to broker the insurance. I just had mine swapped and saved $2400 over my last bundled house, cars, and camper policy

Comment

My commercial vehicle insurance went up 10% at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Texas approved double digit premium increases for 10+ companies last year. Some companies stopped insuring in Texas all together.

Major reasons cited that I have found are 1) To many uninsured motorist getting in crashes with us that are insured and 2) Severity of crashes

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Texas approved double digit premium increases for 10+ companies last year. Some companies stopped insuring in Texas all together.

Major reasons cited that I have found are 1) To many uninsured motorist getting in crashes with us that are insured and 2) Severity of crashes
          The insurance company had contacted me and asked if I was running a dash cam(which I do) and if I had modified the emission system on my commercial truck.

Comment

All my insurances increased as most people. Be sure and get the reasons it increased from a representative.

Comment

Just called around and a couple of companies refused our "luxury" car. Would not touch it. Going to sell it next week.

3 vehicles for a year is $7500.00 with a house - etc bundle.

My manager has a new Titan and he is paying almost $5000.00 a year.

Has gotten freaking crazy...

Comment

Add in the facts that medical costs, new vehicle costs and repair costs have been skyrocketing as well.

Comment

We need a TBH Insurance Sponsor. Stat.

Comment

And don't forget, we have to pay for all those "uninsured motorists".😡

Comment

"8 million new residents with driver's licenses and not one single call for car insurance!" Flo

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Just called around and a couple of companies refused our "luxury" car. Would not touch it. Going to sell it next week.
                        Give these guys a shot...they did my ZL1. Kinda specialized but worth a try.

We are having the same issue with homeowners & now gotta shop around...went up over $700.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

So in other words just another expense related to the open border by the criminal in the White House.

Comment

Well, when insurance companies are paying out $1.04 - $1.50 in claims for every dollar they take in in premiums, your last name doesn't have to be Einstein to figure out you can't sustain that kind of loss on such a large scale for very long without taking some major price increases.

You can thank the hike in prices of building materials, labor, vehicle parts, medical costs, etc. for this, as well as an increase in insurance-related lawsuits (ever drive down 45 in Houston and notice the dozens and dozens of personal injury attorney billboards?).

Comment

Our insurance agent told us the 2 primary drivers of all of the increases are -1) Increased prices of new vehicles; and 2) Increased percentage of uninsured motorist

Apparently, in the major metro areas of Texas, around 15% of the drivers on the road are either uninsured or not adequately insured. Combine that with the $50-80K vehicles people are driving with 5 + year notes. Also, you better bet the number of illegals crossing the boarder is playing a role in the increased number of uninsured motorist.

Comment

Working...
                              X