Place to buy large baits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
    I've had the same struggle. Back when we used to fish the Stump Jumpers tournament on Choke, we had access to a uranium pit outside Falls City that we would go catch perch for hours on rod and reel (they were monsters, often 1-2 lb). It was still a lot of time spent to get enough bait for a long weekend running lines. My buddy broke up with the girl that owned that place so that went away.
    Same buddy has a nice pond in Kenedy that's often loaded with them, but it also tends to go dry so it can be hit or miss.
    Some of the guys that used to fish the Stump Jumpers Tournament have started up a new version of it. I fished it spring and fall last year and was impressed.

Chasin’ Whiskers Catfish Tournament, Calliham, Texas. 169 likes · 1 talking about this · 3 were here. Chasin’ Whiskers Catfish Tournament 2023 We will be adding more information below! For any questio

The payouts are great and they are all around good people.

Comment

Don't think it's legal to transport live bait from one lake to another anymore because of zebra mussels.

Comment

Originally posted by flinger View Post
        Don't think it's legal to transport live bait from one lake to another anymore because of zebra mussels.
        That's correct. Not all wardens are enforcing that but it's the law.

Comment

I may be able to help out, looking to get rid of a bunch of big perch. I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flinger View Post
            I was about to say. I know there’s regs on species such as exotic fish like tilapia and grass carp and I wanted to say there’s some specific transport laws in place. It’s a little grey to me but I haven’t needed big cat baits in big quantities in awhile.

usually just jerk or cast net a few perch in whatever water I’m on and run em. Small potatoes these days

Comment

put out a fish trap in a pond
              use can canned dog food for bait
              poke holes in can
              mudcat delight

Comment

Let’s go bowfish the lake and see what we can come up with.
                Only issue is water is really low.
                Last edited by Canoe1; 02-17-2024, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Large bait available, see thread: https://www.texasbowhunter.com/discu...erch-available

Comment

Working...
                  X