Hunting neighborhood developments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post

I know of at least one “ hunting Coop” over toward Lampasas where all the low fence ranches in a described area agree to a wildlife conservancy sort of deal. I am not sure who provides the structure for the deal but there are signs up on all properties stating the fact.
    Yea, trust thy neighbor in this day and time! But really i would like to know where this is and if it's working.

Comment

TPWD used to have wildlife co-op’s available, I was part of one in Lavaca County. Basically, when a bunch of independent landowners with smaller acreages come together to manage as one large area. I am not sure if they are still in existence though, as the link for info is no longer valid on the TPWD site.

I am inquiring about something more structured. I have seen one or two of these operations. They aren’t overly abundant it seems.

Essentially like a large, well managed deer lease, but instead of the leasing the property and having assigned 100-200 acre spots, owning the spots and participating on the total management plan for the entire property with the ‘lease boss’ developing the property for the basics you would need to build a house. Deed restrictions are definitely a must.

Comment

Isn't this similar to what the famous YO ranch has been reduced to?

Comment

Just curious as to what the demographic of something like this would be today.

Comment

Working...
          X