No announcement yet.

Fuel in generator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think that the carb is full of fuel even if the generator has never been started. Now, does it have a fuel shot off valve?

Comment

I actually got home early enough this evening to break it in. While I thought I had filled it up I only put about 3 gallons in it. Ran with an alternating load on it and changed the oil at 1 hour run time then again at hour 4. I actually burned all the fuel in it and it died out on its own so I think I’m good. Placed a note on it to remind me to change the oil again at 25 hours and then I should be on regular intervals. Thanks for all the input

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
        I actually got home early enough this evening to break it in. While I thought I had filled it up I only put about 3 gallons in it. Ran with an alternating load on it and changed the oil at 1 hour run time then again at hour 4. I actually burned all the fuel in it and it died out on its own so I think I’m good. Placed a note on it to remind me to change the oil again at 25 hours and then I should be on regular intervals. Thanks for all the input
        Should be good. I was going to post that many of mine have had a screw and hose on the carb bowl, very easy to drain an entire tank by simply propping it up high enough to slide the hose down into a gas can and unscrewing it. Doing it this way also leaves the bowl empty obviously.

As for the break-in talk, space heaters are perfect for this. Usually 750 watts on low and 1500 on high, with a second space heater you can use intervals up to 3k watts with the flip of a switch if you wanted.

Comment

Working...
        X