Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance customer bill of rights, missiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance customer bill of rights, missiles?

So I got a statement today from Progressive. This statement was my “Insurance Customer Bill of Rights”. Basically, it states when an insurance company can raise rates, raise your deductible, claim timelines, as well as a list of occurrences when insurance companies cannot refuse to renew your policy.

Typically I would just toss this in the trash, but I’ve gotten better at reading things like this just to see if something crazy has been thrown in. Well, I think I found something crazy that was thrown in.

On the back of the last page, it talks about Not-At-Fault claims. This section states your insurance company cannot refuse to renew your policy solely because of any one of the following:

1. damage from hail, wind, flood, or the like

2. Accidents or claims involving damage by contact with animals

3. Accidents or claims involving damage caused by flying gravel, missiles, or other flying objects.

Now hold on. If I’m not mistaken, missiles in insurance lingo means flying objects. But it specifically states flying objects right after. So in this case, I don’t think missiles means flying objects. Are they actually talking about missiles used in war? If they are, what is going on here in the USA that insurance companies know that makes them think a vehicle getting hit by a missile is an actual possibility?

What say you? If they really did just mean flying objects then why state flying objects right after stating missiles?

If they are covering missile damage I’m all in- it may not be long…

Comment

What I gather is if you’re in a wreck, don’t claim it but shoot it with a missile instead?

Comment

Honestly, I am not seeing the increases in our auto or home insurance like everyone is talking about, well take that back, we did with the company we had been with for over 30+ years! We actually switched this year due to increases from our prior policies and saved saved costs on BOTH home and auto policies with a new company. AND yes same coverages on home and auto!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          Honestly, I am not seeing the increases in our auto or home insurance like everyone is talking about, well take that back, we did with the company we had been with for over 30+ years! We actually switched this year due to increases from our prior policies and saved saved costs on BOTH home and auto policies with a new company. AND yes same coverages on home and auto!
          You are very lucky then! All our insurances rising prices this years and we started to discover alternative options. Contacted moda health customer service and asked them for an alternative quote. Hope we will find someone else in the shortest time possible. Do you stay with one insurance company for a long time? Works well for you?
          Last edited by gillrich; 02-14-2024, 08:22 AM.

Comment

If you are waiting around for an insurance company to do something that makes sense....

You might want to pull up a chair.​

Comment

Working...
            X